Temper

DAMION

I watched as Liv sat on the balcony steps outside. She kept checking her phone and shaking her leg. I walked out and sat down next to her. It was dark, and everyone was already asleep.

"You know it's really late. You should try to get some sleep or at least wait for Jay inside." I said to her.

Liv sighs and wraps her arms around herself. "I'm fine."

I love her British accent.

I take my hoodie off, handing it to her, and she hesitantly takes it. "Thanks."

"I still think you should come inside." I tell her.

She shook her head and sniffed. She had been crying. Her eyes were puffy, and her nose was pink.

"Liv-"

"I just want to be alone." She whispered.

"It's not safe out here alone."

"I'm fine."

"I'm staying." I said firmly.

Liv sighed. She looked like a little doll in my big hoodie. There was silence for a long time until she spoke again.

"What happened between you, Jay, and Julia?" She asks.

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before she asked.

"It's a long story short. He told me they had sex to piss me off, and I lost it on him." I explain. "Let's just say I should've seen it coming."

"What does lost it mean?" She asked.

"Let's just say he was in the hospital for a long time."

I didn't want to see the look on her face. Normally, I wouldn't care what people thought about me, but I couldn't stand the thought of Liv judging me.

"Was that the only reason?" She asks.

"You're trying to shrink me again."

"It's what I do." She answered.

I took a deep breath. "I-i-i-" I quickly shut my mouth. I haven't stuttered in years, but now, all of a sudden, it was back. Closed my eyes tightly and balled my fist at the memories.

Liv reached over and placed her hand on mine. I open my eyes again and glance at her. She looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"We don't have to talk about it." She said finally.

I nodded, and she laid her head on my shoulder. I don't mind. We stay like this, for I don't know how long. Jay was still not here, and I knew he wasn't coming back tonight. I just wish Liv would see this, too.

I glance at her and notice she's asleep.

"Liv?"

Once I know she's fully asleep, I lift her carefully. Liv cuddles into my chest, and my heart skips a beat. I walked inside with her and laid her on the couch.

I pulled the blanket over her and tucked her hair behind her ear. God, I want her. I want her all to myself. I need her.

LIV

I woke up th next morning on the couch and heard the door open. I got up and blinked.

"Jay." I said, and he got startled.

"Liv. Hey."

"Hey? I called you and texted you. Where were you?" I asked, already annoyed.

I know I shouldn't be jealous, but I am.

"Not now, Liv. I'm tired." He said, annoyed. 

"No. You never talk to me, and I'm sick of it. Where were you?" I ask calmly.

"Out." He said angrily.

"With Julia. " I'm not even asking. I know he was.

"So what Liv? We hanged out, and I lost track of time."

"And your phone..."

"Oh my god Liv just drop it for fucks sake!" He yelled.

Woah. I didn't even do anything.

He then finally glanced at me. "Who's hoodie is that?"

Shit. I forgot I was wearing Damion's hoodie.

I wrap my arms around myself. "It's Damion's. I was cold, and he let me use it."

"Give it back. I don't want to see it again." He growled.

Jay turned his back to me and was about to head upstairs to our shared room.

"Asshole." I mumbled under my breath so he wouldn't hear.

Jay turned to me. "What did you just say?"

"Nothing." I answered and tried to walk past him, but he grabbed me and slammed me against the wall.

"Stop it, Jay, you're hurting me." His finger dug into my soft skin, causing me to cry out.

Just them Damion came out of nowhere and grabbed Jay, pulling him off me.

"The fuck is your problem?" Jay asks angrily.

"You were hurting her you fucking idiot." Damion answered shielding me with his body.

"Call me an idiot again, Damion. I swear to God I'll -"

"You'll what, hm? Hit me? I'd like to see you try." Damion said, squinting his eyes at Jay.

Jay glanced at me, then Damion and his eyes softened towards me.

Finally, Jay calmed down and pushed past his brother to me.

"I'm sorry I yelled to you, Liv. " Jay said apologetically.

I don't know if I can trust it. Jay has never hurt me. He's always been so sweet to me, and all of a sudden, I'm looking into the eyes of the man I love, but I can't find him anywhere.

He reached his hand to touch me, and I flinched a bit, but Jay pulled me into his arms. "I'm so sorry, Liv. "

I glance at Damion, and he looks almost hurt.

"Did you sleep with her?" I ask with tears already forming.

He hesitated.

"No. I didn't sleep with Julia."

He's lying. He slept with her.

"Okay." I was all I managed to say.

I glance at Damion, and he shakes his head. He knows Jay isn't being truthful either. I really hope I'm wrong about this.

"Come." Jay says,  pulling me up to the bedroom.

Once we're there, he kisses me, but I can taste the alcohol still on his tongue. I pull away quickly.

"You got drunk?"

"It doesn't matter. I'm here now, aren't I?" He asked sarcastically and kissed my neck.

I don't want to have sex with him. Not like this.

"Jay, stop." I pushed him so hard he almost fell backward. "Not like this...."

"Suit yourself then." He says to me, then collapses onto the bed. I've never felt more alone in my relationship. Despite how he treated me, I pulled the covers over him and sat down, and laid his head on my thigh. I smooth my hands through his hair.

Please, God tell me he didn't sleep with Julia.

I notice Damion at the door, and my heart melts. I don't know why, but I want to be around him. I'm so confused. I just want things to go back to normal. Jay cuddles into my thighs, and I feel so uncomfortable around him. Jay was always up tight with me. One time, I snorted like a pig while I was laughing, and he got embarrassed. I don't know why I didn't see the red flags before, but I still don't know if I can just abandon him.