Chapter 17

There was a loud ruckus in the hallway, and Sasuke put the book down to go see what it was. When he opened his bedroom door, he found Suigetsu face down on the floor. He couldn't keep himself from chuckling as Suigetsu got up.

"It wasn't that funny," he grumbled.

Yeah, it was."

"Well, anyway, there is big news. Apparently we are supposed to be writing songs, so when we finish the year we could start on tour again," Suigetsu said frantically.

"That's nice," said Sasuke, turning to walk back into his room.

No, Sasuke, you don't understand. We have two months to write and record an entire album," Suigetsu said.

This was one of the times that he was actually being serious. Sasuke stopped. That wasn't much time to write 13–15 different songs that have to be approved and go through a whole process. Sasuke walked into his room, grabbed his bass guitar, and followed Suigetsu into the living room, where Jugo was already sitting on the couch with his drumsticks ready to go.

The other two took a seat on the couch and began working when, suddenly, they were stopped by Sasuke.

"Couldn't we just write an EP and then add those songs to the album we will make as we go?" he asked.

"I don't know, but that is a better idea, Suigetsu said, scrambling for his phone to go and call their manager about it.

When Suigetsu got off the phone, he told them that they could release an EP for the tour and just write the rest as they go, which they appreciated. That meant that they only had to write 4-6 songs instead of 13–15.

Suigetsu plopped himself back down on the couch, and the three boys began working on the songs that they had to write. They worked through half of the night, knowing that much editing and revising for each song would have to be done further ahead.

~

Naruto was resting on his bed, relaxing alone for the first time in a while, when he got a text from Shikamaru.

Have any plans this weekend?

No, why?
Everyone is going to go to

Karaoke this weekend
and you are invited to come.

Cool
When?

Tomorrow at 6

I'll be there.

Okay, I'll see you there.

Yep
See you later.

Naruto closed the messages app on his phone, placed it on his small nightstand next to his bed, and waited for the rest of the day to pass by. It was around 6 p.m., and he hadn't eaten yet. It was a bit early, but he got out of bed and walked into the kitchen to go and make some of the ramen in the pantry.

When he opened the pantry, he saw that it was empty, aside from the box that used to hold ramen and an empty plastic bag that used to hold bread. Even the butts were gone. Naruto threw his head back in exasperation and grabbed his phone, wallet, and keys before leaving his apartment to go to the grocery store. He exited the apartment building and walked a couple blocks until he reached the grocery store on the corner.

There weren't many people there, seeing as it was late in the evening and everyone was in their homes with their families. Naruto entered the store and grabbed a basket from the front. He walked through the isles, picking out a couple packages of ramen and bread, as well as some other things that he needed, and went to the front to checkout. He paid for his items and grabbed the bag that held them.

Naruto walked home slowly; he really had nothing better to do with his time. When he got home, he threw everything in the refrigerator and pantry, but left out a package of ramen to make himself for dinner.

Naruto made his dinner and ate it on the couch while he watched TV. When he finished, he placed his bowl down on the coffee table in front of him, laid down across the couch, and pulled a blanket over him. Slowly, he felt his eyes drift close, and he fell to sleep.