Chapter 11

The next week in homeroom, Sasuke was looking at Naruto. He longed to touch him, hold hands with him, kiss him, and maybe even more. He just couldn't tell him for a couple of reasons. One being that the fans would attack him, claw him apart, ruin his reputation, and try to get their own chance at scoring a date with me.

There was a girl with pink hair who was constantly bothering him. She was in his class and hung out with Naruto often. Sasuke assumed when he looked over there that he was looking at her and not Naruto, but Sasuke had no interest in her.

Naruto was leaning back in his seat, staring at the ceiling. Since the week before, the thought of asking Sasuke out has been eating him alive; he has even picked up a couple more shifts at the cafe to try to take his mind off of it. Naruto had still not made a decision about whether he wanted to or not. There seemed to be two opposing forces in his head that were constantly ruling out the pros and cons of the situation.

The bell rang, and the class began.

~

During lunch, Suigetsu and Jugo joined Sasuke on the roof, away from everyone else. Naruto's group was also sitting in their usual spot on the opposite side of the roof. Sasuke's group was in peaceful silence—well,  at least it was peaceful for Sasuke and Jugo. Suigetsu thought it was boring.

"You guys are boring; I am going to sit with Sakura and her friends," Suigetsu said, leaving.

Jugo and Sasuke ended up following him, with Jugo taking a seat next to Shikamru and Sasuke taking a seat in between Sakura and Naruto. Naruto was smiling and talking to Kiba about something. Then he laughed—that glorious laugh that Sasuke found so adorable.

Naruto sat on the ground with his legs crisscrossed and leaning on his arms. Sasuke finished up his lunch, stretched out his legs, and leaned on his hands. He inched his hand closer to Naruto's until their fingers brushed. Naruto looked the other way, blushing, and Sasuke smirked.

Their fingers stayed intertwined for the remainder of lunch until they had to head back to class. Sasuke longed for even the slightest touch after Naruto's hand left his to go walk back to class with his other friends. Sasuke stuck his hands in his pockets and followed the group down the stairs to their class.

~

When Naruto got home, he threw himself onto his bed. He thought of what happened at lunch earlier that day: how Sasuke intertwined his fingers with his own and held them until the end of lunch, and the smirk on his face when he did it too. The thought that Sasuke was just playing with him crossed his mind, but he brushed the thought off and continued to think about it.

~

A/N: Should I drag it out a bit longer or should I just cut to the chase? I am having trouble deciding, comment what you think.

In Stereo ~ SasuNaru AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें