Chapter 2: Metamorphosis

Depuis le début

The young man rushed down the hall and through the stairs to the living room, stopping right in front of the couch. He panted, while over in the kitchen, his mother, Delia overheard someone running down the stairs and went to see what was going on and saw him wide and awake. Immediately, his mother's eyes went wide and quickly charged into and squeezed him with a big hug.

"Oh, Ash. Thank goodness you're okay!" Delia said, letting out a sigh of relief.

Ash returned the hug, but he struggled to breathe. Despite that, Ash loved being squeezed by his mother tightly. Ash loved his mother dearly, as much as he loved Pokémon, even if he hadn't seen her much since he was ten. Despite that, the young champion would go to the ends of the earth to make sure she and everyone else he's befriended is okay.

Ash broke the hug and looked at Delia puzzled.

"Mom, it's okay. I was just tired, that's all," he said.

The young trainer's mother blinked and gazed at her son just as puzzled as he was.

"J... Just tired?!" Delia spoke in shock, "Ash, you've been asleep for two days!"

"WHAT?!" The trainer's eyes went wide. He slightly backed up, completely surprised that he was out for that long. Two days?! He thought. That bite couldn't have put me out for that long. Crud...

"You heard me, young man. Now, care to explain how that happened?"

Ash flinched and lowered his cap slightly and sweat dropped. He knew he couldn't lie to his mother, but at the same time, he knew she would be extremely worried. However, it was Ash, so she would be worried about him no matter what. That was something he knew deep down from the day he wanted to become a Pokémon Master. He closed his eyes and took a short deep breath before glancing back toward her and opened his mouth.

"Well," he began, "I was battling Brock again, and when I was walking home, I got bit by a Spinarak."

Delia gasped and grabbed Ash's hand with a squeeze and tried to examine it. She took off Ash's mega glove and saw the bite marks left by the bug type. Ash sweat dropped even more, while Delia glanced back to her son, and peered at him directly in the eyes.

"Ash, do you know how poisonous those things are supposed to be?!" She asked. "People have gotten sick and even died after being bitten by one..."

At that moment, Ash and Pikachu felt shivers run up their spines.

"Mom, don't worry, I'm okay," Ash said. "I feel better, really."

Delia wasn't sure if she should trust her son's judgment or not. He may have been through a lot on his various adventures around the world, but she couldn't help but feel concerned for him after that bite. She may not have seen it happen, but he fell unconscious and didn't look like he was going to get up, possibly ever. Thankfully, he always made it back home in one piece and then he finally woke up.

Just then, Delia and Ash were interrupted by a knock on their door. The young man arched an eyebrow, and he looked to Pikachu who gave him a shrug on his shoulders, just as clueless as he was. Delia on the other hand turned her eyes to the door, then back to Ash. She had her usual smile, and had an idea of who it was, which only made her feel happier.

"I'll get it," she said.

She went over to the door, and upon opening it, she saw a man which caused her to smile. Ash on the other hand was completely puzzled by what was happening. A short moment later, and his mother let the man inside their home. He turned and gave his mother roses, which made her blush and accepted them with a huge grin on her face. Ash and Pikachu were even more confused by that as a result.