mira looks like a well-kempt girl.

"nice to meet you too, miss williams." she smiled and i nodded.

"okay, i'll grab you both something to eat and then i'll be back. in the meantime, you both can catch up and get to know each other and do girl stuff." david said and dismissed himself from the living room.

i leaned back on the couch.

"your piercings are impressive." i pointed out. i could never do more than two cartilage piercings. i did my tragus, conch, industrial, rook and my snug but none healed. they all failed me. it's my fault though. i sleep pretty terrible so none healed well.

"thank you," mira smiled.

"you can ask me anything and i'll answer truthfully."

mira nodded.

"how did you meet my father?"

"at a business party."

"how long before you started dating him?"

"the other way around but three months into talking and then we started dating."

"who made the first move?"

"he did."

"why?"

"how should i know? guess he found me attractive," i raised my eyebrow.

"when did he propose to you?"

"a year ago."

"why am i just finding out about you?"

i shrugged.

"whose idea was it to keep you from my knowledge?"

"your father. he said you'd freak out and act insane about it."

mira huffed.

"did you?"

"no. i don't go about controlling who my dad chooses to date." she snapped.

one thing for sure, she's fiery.

i raised my hand in surrender.

"are you with him to increase your business chances, money or whatever?"

"no."

"then why him, when he's 7 years older than you?"

"i guess you can't help love, sweetie. when it happens, it happens."

i could see she was getting fed up. if i didn't know better, i'd say she's pretty bothered by the age gap between her father and i.

"my turn to ask the questions, sweetheart." i leaned forward and placed my hands on my knees.

"how old are you?"

"23."

"then why are you acting like an immature child right now?"

"oh, my bad if looking out for my dad is being immature."

fair.

"are you currently attending college?"

"no."

"why not?"

"because i finished it already."

i raised my eyebrows.

"i left highschool when i was 16, started early so i left before i was supposed to. i did 4 years in college for nursing but ended up not being one because i kept moving and i couldn't keep up with that."

"would you like to be a nurse in the future? like to work and so on?"

"yes, of course."

i nodded.

"what's your favorite color?"

"purple, yours?"

"red. what is a pet peeve of yours?"

"talking during a movie, giving spoilers, slow driving, lack of grammar, being late, chewing loudly, talking very loudly on the phone, there's so much." mira said, "a lot of things annoy me."

i took note of each.

if i wanted to win her over, i had to make note of every little thing.

"are you in a relationship currently?"

"no."

"what's your sexuality?"

"im a lesbian."

oh. nice.

noticing my silence, she speaks up, "does that bother you, mother?"

before i could respond, david came back to the living room with a tray.

he handed mira a plate and i could feel her boring holes in the side of my face. i took the plate from my fiance with a smile and thanked him.

it was a fried chicken, sided with mac and cheese and green.

"how's it going, girls?" david asked and mira shrugged.

"it's going great. isn't it?" she looked at me and i looked at her with squinted eyes.

"yes, absolutely perfect."