Bachata

Before everything went down, Estefani and I started going out to a place called Steven's Steakhouse. We went there every Friday night, those were Bachata nights. Bachata was like an escape from reality for me. Music didn't cut it for me anymore because I was still in that damn house. With Bachata, I was out, surrounded by people, and dancing. At first I didn't know how to dance at all. It was quite embarassing. I would stand there and watch the people dance, until finally someone decided to ask me to dance. I told the man whose name was Josue, that I didn't know how to dance. He simply replied "I'll teach you." So he took my hand and walked me to the dance floor. He taught me the basic step " 1 2 3 tap, 1 2 3 tap." From left to right, I had the basic step down, I just had to stay on beat with the music. Josue danced with me all night that night, he taught me how to body roll among other important steps and tricks that go along with Bachata. I didn't master them all that night, I still had a lot of practice to do. The only problem I had with going to Stevens with Estefani was that, she was always on my case, which I guess I understand, I was 15 at the time, at a club and she was in charge of me. It got annoying though, that first night, Josue bought me a drink, but since he was a stranger and I obviously wasn't 21 and I was thirsty as heck, I accepted a lemonade. But Estefani found out and started freaking out about it and made me go sit with her and leave Josue, who just bought me a drink, alone. That is rude, it makes me look bad. Nonetheless, Josue came up to me and asked me to dance again, so I did. "Is This Love" by Bob Marley, Bachata Version, was playing and Josue started singing it to me and the whole situation turned uncomfortable and he tried to kiss me. I didn't want to dance with him anymore. After that song I told him I was tired and didn't want to dance anymore, so he left me alone. I never saw him again, until later, and it was a weird situation which I will talk about later. Another incident was when I saw a really cute guy there and I wasn't expecting him to ask me to dance, but he did. I was excited that I was dancing with this guy, and we were dancing so passionately and intensely. He spun me, dipped me and then proceeded to carry me. It was exciting, and I was having the time of my life. Then of course, Estefani had to come and ruin everything. She told off the guy, and pulled me away from him, made me sit down and prohibited me from dancing with him. I got up after a while to look for a new dance partner, and that guy came up to me and apologized and then asked for my Facebook. I haven't seen him since, but I'm still friends with him on Facebook.

After a few months of consistently going to Stevens, I got pretty good at dancing, I was basic but good, I still have a lot to learn but I'm a better dancer than I was then. I had made a good friend there at Stevens. His name was Antonio, he was 26 at the time. I remember watching him dance, he danced amazing, and then he asked me to dance. I was so nervous to dance with him, I knew I couldn't keep up with him, I would look like a fool, and that is the worst. I told him I didn't know how to dance and he said "You're lying" I said I wasn't lying, and he told me "I don't know how to dance either" and he pulled me into the dance floor. While I was adjusting to the beat, I argued that he was lying because I was watching him dance the whole time. He pulled me in closer, he was tall, dark, muscular, and had tattoos on his arms and chest. He was attractive and his dance skills only made it better. He then spun me and dipped me, the song was over, and he didn't let go of me, which meant he wanted to dance with me again. We ended up dancing all night that night, we kind of got to know eachother while we danced. He would ask me questions about myself and so on. He asked me how old I was, I told him to guess.

He said "23?"

I said "No, younger."

He said "20?"

"Nope"

"Please tell me you're 18"

"Nope, I'm 15."

"Woah you're young! I thought you were older."

But he didn't let go... He just kept dancing with me.

"You're not freaked out are you?!"

"Nope, I just gotta be careful with you. Hey, how come you never smile?"

"I don't know, I don't like to smile."

"Do you like Spongebob?"

"What? Yeah, that was random haha you're a weirdo."

"You look prettier when you smile."

I smirked and he spun me again. We continued to dance and whenever I wasn't smiling, he'd tickle me. After that night, whenever I went to Stevens, Antonio and I would always dance. Most times we'd dance all night with eachother. Antonio and I are different story now. The people I've met at Stevens have had an impact in my life, Bachata itself is a big part of my life. I hate to admit it but this was only possible because Estefani had introduced me to the dance scene.