Issue 2: Fantasy and Reality

Start from the beginning

Vee snorted and laughed. "As awesome as that would be? Things like that can't happen."

"Yet." Luz said with a grin.

Eventually, the group started walking inside and then met with their tour guide.

The tour guide smiled. "Welcome to Wittebane Enterprises, everyone! Please keep questions and hands to yourself until the end of the tour."

The students all nodded and then began following their guide while looking around the building. When they eventually made it to the almost museum-like display of all the inventions and medicine that the company had made, the tour guide began speaking.

"Wittebane Enterprises prides itself in making fiction a reality." The tour guide said. "Anything your mind can think of, someone's had it before and tried to make it possible here. Medicine for the most fatal disease or unbreakable armor for the most heroic soldier."

She then showed her hand to one display of what looked to be the armor that she mentioned. It was a bright gold with hints of a darker shade all across it. One of the gauntlets on the wrist even had some kind of arm blade.

'That is sick!' Luz thought.

"Of course, we're well aware that the weapons we can create could get into the wrong hands. We pride ourselves on our security as well." The tour guide said. "The inventions and technology we create here will not fall into the wrong hands. You can rest easy knowing that."

Vee then looked at her sister, whispering. "Imagine having to go to war against someone in that thing."

"I'd surrender...especially with the really nifty glider over there." Luz whispered back, leaning her head towards another display of a similarly painted glider.

The glider itself was weaponized, but for the sake of display, all the weapons were taken out and what was shown were harmless replicas.

The tour continued with the guide giving some history on more of the inventions inside and how the company started in the first place. The tour itself went in one giant circle before they were back in the display area.

"Alright, that ends the tour. Does anyone have any questions?" The guide asked with a gentle smile.

And sure enough, a lot of hands raised. The guide seemed surprised for a moment before picking one. "Yes, you with the rather stunning purple hair."

Luz's eyes widened a bit and she immediately shifted her focus towards Amity.

"First, thanks! Second, what's coming out next for Wittebane Enterprises?" Amity asked.

The guide hummed. "Well, the best way I can put it is that your guess is as good as mine. We don't often like to announce new things unless we're 100% certain they work. Unfortunately, I don't work in the actual laboratories, so I can't give a sneak peek of what's to come. Not that I would be allowed to anyway."

Gus then looked at Hunter, whispering. "Do you know?"

Hunter shook his head. "Nope."

Eventually, free time began. They could either eat lunch outside or continue to look around in the first display. But, solely for the purpose of not getting lost, they couldn't go beyond that.

Luz decided to go back inside to get a better look, while her friends ate lunch. She was about to look at the golden armor again before seeing someone step up to it before her.

She yelped and hid behind the wall when she saw it was none other than Amity Blight herself.

Amity heard her and looked over, but then shrugged it off and continued looking.