Part 3

I found myself sat glumly on the subway again, the old carriage making an awful racket as it drove towards MiA's. I felt so awful about what I had done, and missed him terribly. The lights flickered every now and then, and the windows looked as if they were going to smash as the constant rain bashed against them. My phone buzzed in my pocket. '1 new message: Koichi -

I guess there's no Christmas get together this year for MEJIBRAY if they're not talking?' Of course - without MiA and Tsuzuku, we wouldn't be able to meet up for a Christmas get together like we do each year. I slid the phone back into my pocket, still wondering about MiA and Tsuzuku. Koichi said that Tsuzuku wanted to apologise to MiA... The carriage came to a halt at the station I needed, and I stepped out, still thinking about what to do. I need to make MiA happy - I'm his boyfriend - it's my job. I've been a pathetic boyfriend lately. I'm so sorry MiA.

Once again, I arrived at the apartment, pulling out my phone to text MiA,

'Put the kettle on. I'll be there in 30 seconds.'

There was no instant reply, and I took the lift up to his door again, stepping into the corridor and waiting outside his apartment. I pushed the bell with my bony finger, before stepping back and staring at my feet. Oh god I hope he's not too upset. He didn't open the door. I knocked on the wooden surface hard, my knuckles tingling from the impact. Still nothing.

"M.. MiA?" I needed to see him so desperately by now, yet he was still ignoring me. I placed my hand on the door handle, trying it - it was unlocked?

Cautiously, I stepped inside: the apartment was warm, and it made me smile slightly, as I hadn't been inside for a week (it felt like a year to me), however it wasn't as clean as it usually was. The little grey kitten ran over my feet before nuzzling its head against my legs, as if it were glad I had arrived. I shut the door quietly, hearing it click into place before slowly shuffling further into the apartment. My eyes scanned the room: the arch to the kitchen revealed a small amount of dirty washing, the pillows on the sofa were creased from where he had obviously been led across it, 3 guitars were missing from their hooks on the wall, and were instead led across the floor next to his desk. A mountain of scrunched up papers were overflowing out of the bin, and more sheets were scattered over the floor and the large laptop was on, its screen was brightly illuminating a pair of eyes, which both belonged to a skinny body, curled up on a chair. The man had brought his knees to his chest, and rested his arms on top of them, hugging them around his shoulders. He had then hidden his face behind them, but his two eyes were peeking out, staring emotionlessly at the screen. A baggy jumper and jeans hung off of him as he sat on the seat, and his body was motionless but breathing steadily even as I edged further into the room. I could see he wasn't well.

Hurriedly, I flung my bag onto the sofa, immediately sending my coat to join it before approaching him. My heartrate rose as I realised he hadn't been eating - in just a few days, his body had become weak and pale.

"MiA..?" I called out to him softly, yet he didn't move. I noticed some of his silver ESP guitar's strings were broken, and two of his sturdy picks lay next to it, snapped in half. He must have been working hard, it wasn't like him not to repair a guitar straight away though. I got close to him, noticing that the screen displayed only a few random notes for a song, which were also written on a piece of paper next to him. As I got close, he dropped his arms to his side, moving his eyes to glare up at me. I noticed small scars on his left hand, from where he had probably been playing his guitar so violently. I paused for a second as I stood next to him. His eyes made him seem so helpless, and he just stared at me. I wouldn't have been surprised if he hated me.

"MiA, I- I..." No this is not the right time to get nervous. I forced myself to speak, I forced myself to show him that I care. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." Silence fell for a few seconds, before he suddenly burst into tears, crying his eyes out and hiding his face behind his hands. He curled his body up again, as if he were trying to hide away from his problems, from me.

"MiA..." I crouched next to him, pulling him close and holding him against me. A few tears escaped my eyes as I stroked his hair, trying to comfort him. I heard his stomach growl with hunger as he sobbed, and I felt so sorry for him.

"I can't..." His voice cracked as he spoke, "I can't write this song. Tsuzuku was right. I'm useless, I just make everything harder for the band, I shouldn't..." I cut him off with a simple kiss to his lips. The silence in the room calmed us both, and I pulled him into another hug again, staying like that for a while. I need to get him to talk to Tsuzuku... I took his hands, which looked sore, guiding him to stand up, and then I led him towards the sofa, allowing him to sit down. I switched on the TV, cuddling him as we watched the random film that appeared. I was still trying to think of what to do for Tsuzuku.

The film was some Studio Ghibli film from many years ago. It was Totoro. The giant forest spirit was trying to get Mei to her mother in hospital with the help of his friends, who all worked together to make things work out. Wait. Suddenly, it came to me. Yes, a children's film had just given me a great idea. I suddenly sat upright, making MiA jump slightly. "MiA," My voice was confident and got his attention. I was proud of myself for coming up with an idea to help out for once, "Don't worry about the music now." He looked up at me, confused. "I promise you, I'll sort this out, and you don't need to write the song any more, trust me." The guitarist still stared at me,

"Meto I need to, Tsuzuku will be even more upset with me if I don't finish it!" He sounded so worried and I felt bad that I had let him get into this state over the past few days.

"I promise you MiA. I promise I can sort this out, you don't need to worry about it anymore."

It was such a simple plan, but I was sure the band would be fine with it - and I was surprised none of them had suggested it before now. However, for now, I needed to make sure MiA was okay.

"Go and have a shower now, and I'll make us some food." I instructed him, and kissed him again softly. He nodded and left me to go to the bathroom, and I headed for the kitchen. He didn't seem to be eating much recently, so I searched for some basic foods, something to bring his appetite back. I started cooking some chicken in his small oven, leaning against the counter as I waited for it to cook. The wonderful smell filled the room, making my stomach rumble noisily. I pulled my phone out of my pocket as I waited, texting both Koichi and Tsuzuku what I had in mind:

'Tsuzuku: Thank you so much!!'

'Koichi: I would've suggested it before, but we're not so good at doing that... but I guess we can give it a go! I guess it's also a good chance to let them make up.'

~~~~~~

Oi Oi Oi. MEJIBUREI. It feels weird to have the speech in English because I imagine them speaking in Japanese ._. but its annoying for the non-Japanese speakers to have to put up with random romaji sentences right? I usually stick with chan/san/kun/sama as far as japanese goes. Btw I claimed to be a weeaboo a while ago in an author's note. I'm not a weeaboo. ANYWAY, what do you thinkkkk~ vote~comment~follow please! Thanks for reading so far <3