Chapter 22. The Joys of Internship

Start from the beginning

The first five already chose their agencies while the latter is staying in UA to get some catching up to do. Although, he was a bit skeptical when he heard that Iida chose Manual in Hosu, same place where his older brother was attacked.

Engine-user had informed Izuku that it may looks suspicious off him to go intern in a place where his brother's attacker was last seen, but he promise not to go seek out the hero killer. And if he ever encounters Stain, he would do his best to avoid frontal confrontation. This made Izuku feel a bit relief, but not fully.

He just had to trust his friend. Afterall that was what friends are for, right?

Izuku sighed and looked up at the building once more before looking down the entrance. He took a deep calming breath before entering the building.

He looked around in awe as he entered the front door. There are not many people in the building, probably because it was too early.

As he hands over his internship form to the receptionist, he failed to see the looks of confusion and shock from Izuku's presence. It was unusual to see a student interning for their company, mainly because their boss doesn't like teaming up.

-------------------------------------------------------

WITH BAKUGO

At the same time as Izuku entered the building, we see Katsuki Bakugo in his hero costume minus the grenade bracers standing in front of the hero who had gave him an internship offer.

The hero is Best Jeanist, currently the Number 4 Hero. He appears to be a slim tall man with an unnaturally long neck, with long blonde hair which is combed drastically to the left, leaving his right eye exposed while his left eye is covered.

The hero costume he wears is a pair of jeans, a denim waistcoat with two large breast pockets, and a denim dress shirt with a very high collar that covers his lower face just up to just below his nose. He also wears two belts, one around his collar and one around his waist, and short brown boots with thick gray shafts and soles.

Said pro-hero just looked at him, from head to toe. As if judging him if he is accepted of not. It took about a solid 5 minutes before the man said something.

"To be honest..." He started as he looked directly in the eyes of Katsuki. "I don't like you." He said blankly, making the younger blonde flinch a bit.

"Huh..?" Katsuki said dumbly as the man continued.

"You chose me and my office, because I rank among the top five most popular heroes, did you not?" Best Jeanist ask Napalm as he placed a hand on his chest, waiting for the blonde's reaction.

He expected the boy to get angry and argue violently with him, like how he acted in the Sports Festival. But what Katsuki showed had proven his expectations wrong.

Katsuki just clenched his fist and looked away from the heroes gaze as he lower his head. "You're not entirely wrong."

This caused an eyebrow to raise from the denim wearing hero. "Care to elaborate, young Bakugo?"

Best Jeanist saw Katsuki stopped and thought for a second before closing his eyes and sighing to himself. The boy didn't looked up as he continued talking.

"At first, yes. I chose you because you were the only high ranking hero to reach out an internship offer to me. I thought that I deserve to be interning in any of the high ranking heroes in Japan and because I think I'm the best." He paused as he lifted his right he and looked at it. He continued, "But after some thinking and realization, I don't deserve to even receive any internship offers from any hero after what I did in my past."