39: The Fallen Hero's Redemption

Note: I know biblical terms don't exist in Star Wars, but I'm using them for description and analogies. Sorry.

I also struggled to write this a bit. I hope I'd done well for you guys/gals.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to comment and vote, my lovely readers. Stay safe and have fun. 💜

       ✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧

I found myself on a surgical table on Polis Massa. I assumed we went to the more obscure planet because everyone hunted the Jedi or anyone associated with them, which sucked. I wanted to have my child in a more... state-of-the-art facility. But, like always, I would manage.

Anakin was at my side, kneeling near my ear, whispering words of encouragement while holding my hand. I kept trying to suppress my screams from the frequent contractions. I didn't know how long it's been, but my body was sweating bullets, and the sharp cramping pains in my abdomen weren't improving.

Medical droids scooted about checking the scanners and ensuring me the baby was in good health during this painful process. Which made a sigh of relief escape Anakin's lips. Meanwhile, I couldn't focus on anything other than wanting to pop my baby out.

"Oh, looks like you two are having twins!" the medical droid said.

"What!" Anakin and I blurted out, wide-eyed in shock.

Ani's features changed into a smile rivaling Tatoonie's twin suns — bright with happiness. "I'm going to be the father of twins? I can't believe it."

"Well, I do. I feel like I'm about to pop!" I gritted through my teeth. Another contraction came rolling through, making me breathe even heavier. I just wanted my babies in my arms. At least Anakin could share this beautiful moment with me. After everything that had happened, I wasn't sure.

He stroked my hair, his touch soothing like ice to a burn. I could've delivered our children alone. But screw that. I thanked the suns, moons, and stars all across the Galaxy. Hell— even the Force — for giving me the strength to fight — to have Ani by my side.

Only two hurdles remained: our children's birth and safety, and what consequences would my husband face? He was involved in destroying the Jedi. Hell probably killed half of them himself, yet I could find within my heart to forgive him.

Some would call it being blind, but I disagreed emphatically. I'd never seen more clearly. I knew what initiated it — why Anakin lost his way. Born as a slave, the death of his mother, the lack of faith the Jedi gave him, the lies, and Darth Sidious grooming him from the start. I was the catalyst — the final nail in the coffin.

I disagree with what he did — but if I have no room in my heart for forgiveness... I'm no better than a Sith.

Suddenly the room went red, and alarms were going off louder than a freight train. Through the looking glass, Obi-Wan had this terrible expression — the one if he was worried everyone else should be too. He gave me a curt nod before running off.

My head turned, and I grimaced at Anakin. He was even worse. Everything tensed from head to toe, his eyes a dark fury but not entirely burning with the dragon's fire.

Waves of pain were taking over as the whole room filled with coldness — freezing — equal to standing naked in a blizzard. Something dark came closer to us and wasn't just dark. It was like plunging through the ice, entering the deepest darkest depths of despair while my heart was fueled by hate.

"It's Palpatine," Anakin growled. It was inhuman, and I worried that old man Palps would affect his mind again.

I clung to Anakin, shaking him in desperation. "Don't go to him. He could turn you again. I can't allow that!"