16: This Party's Over

Don't forget to comment and vote, my lovely readers ❣️🥰💜

        ✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧

"I'm stronger than any Jedi ever dreamed of. I'm doing this for you, to protect you."

His wavy hair fluttered in the heated breeze of the volcanic planet as he stared at me with feral features. His eyes were ablaze, and evil power radiated off him. The shady red behind his muscular frame danced off him like a dark silhouette, ash and sparks swirling around us. He was unrecognizable.

Is this what the Chosen One will become?

"Anakin..." my voice lingered in the air, unable to find the words. I pulled him into my arms. I held him — I became his strength to help overcome this taint inside his soul. 

"Come away with me. Leave all this behind," I whispered in his ear. His head rests on my shoulders. Tears stained my white clothing as he pulled me closer. He was afraid that I would fade away forever.

"We don't have to hide anymore. Our love is not an immoral thing.
We... we can share it with the galaxy and rule together."

I pulled away, not wanting to believe what I was hearing. I placed my hands on his shoulders, gently stroking the ends of his hair. I gazed into his wild eyes, trying to get through to him.

"Anakin, I can't follow you down that path."  I cried, still caressing him.

"Don't you see," Anakin explained with twisted passion. "I brought peace to the Republic. We can overthrow the chancellor together!"

He placed a hand on my cheek and smiled. It was almost a sadistic one — while mine quivered in fear of what my dearest Anakin had become.

"Rule the Galaxy with me, my love — let's make things the way we want them to be."

I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted, but this didn't seem right. It was a path full of darkness, and I couldn't go there not with him, no matter how much I cared. he was lost, but I would fight for him — I would bring him back to where he needed to be;
By my side without all this corruption.

" Anakin," I begged. "Please don't prove Obi-Wan words right."

He backed away from me, his eyes darker than ever before. He scoffed before he raised a finger. " I don't want to hear another word about Obi-Wan," he growled. " The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me!"

" Ani, I am a Jedi," I said as calmly as possible, not wanting to irritate him more than he already was. But I couldn't help my tears fall.

"You're not a Jedi anymore. If you were, I would have killed you."

"Please. Anakin, you're breaking my heart. I don't want to—"

Anakin Looked away for me. His eyes were dark fire as he peered over my shoulder. I glanced back only to see Obi-Wan Kenobi. All my words were in vain because I knew Anakin would no longer listen.

"You're with him. You brought him here to kill me!"

"No, I —"

I felt a grip on my throat and couldn't believe what was happening. Why was he doing this? Why did he have to do this? Why couldn't he see what he had done was wrong? I couldn't utter the words to bring him back.

I would have to fight — for my life and my love.

        ✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧