26: Don't Blink

I added more pics! There are on the gifs and edit page for those who read past it. Go check them out — if you'd like. 🥰

I'm also working on a Song list.😊

I also apologize in advance for this chapter — for reasons — I don't want to spoil it; brace yourself for a wild ride.

Thank you for reading; I hope you enjoy it, and don't forget to vote. Luv ya! 💜

✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧

I walked through our apartment doors, ready to prepare myself for a little R and R Obi-Wan of all people planned. Nothing fancy, just a dinner at a local restaurant. But Ani and Ahsoka were coming, and how could I refuse?

I rubbed my shoulder, and soreness spread through my limbs like a disease. It felt like a star cruiser jumped to light speed, and I was the idiot blocking its path, and bam! It blew me over; I was surprised to be alive. All jokes aside, I didn't know how many fights I had left in me.

Each battle ripped something away, whether a squadmate or something more... personal. I feared soon nothing would be left but an empty husk — everything I loved and cherished would seize to matter. That was a fate worse than any death. I sighed,

I need a vacation. Too bad the whole Galaxy has gone to hell.

I resumed rubbing the aches and pains when I found my way to the blue room. To my surprise, Anakin was tinkering with something on the couch.

He focused entirely on his movements that disturbing him would be a bad idea. Instead, I watched. Anakin flipped his head to rid the flowing strands of hair from his eyes, which were a brilliant blue today. And calculating, scanning the part in his hand to ensure he didn't miss even the tiniest detail. My mouth fell to the ground — he was a work of art — so captivating that I couldn't help but gape mindlessly at my husband.

He placed a part, making a noisy cranking sound, and I jumped. It was enough to get Anakin to shift focus as he put the trinket on the table.

"Your presence is usually soothing, but today it's... distracting," Anakin sniffled, raising his ungloved mechanical hand. He gazed at it, almost sadly, as he moved its fingers.
"Probably a good thing right now."

Maybe a part of my restlessness came from my other half, sitting on the couch brooding away. I strolled up and sat beside Anakin, rubbing his back gently. I hated seeing him like this — that last time he was this upset, it didn't end well.

He lost something precious, and in return, he took his revenge.

"Rough day?"

"No, too much on the mind, and life seems simpler when fixing things," he said, not looking at me but at what he was messing with earlier. It looked like a broken part from his fighter.

"Yeah, you came home late. You didn't even say anything. You just held me."

Which wasn't a bad thing, but usually different; he told me about his day or general thoughts while we snuggled closer together. He would play with my hair or necklace while I would listen as he would me till we fell asleep in each other's arms. Instead, he clasped his arms around me like chains, unmoving or engaging as if he feared I'd disappear forever.

"I want to now — if I'm being honest," Anakin confided. He finally looked at me. His good hand caressed my cheek and traced down my neck till he found the necklace he gave me — the one he had crafted as a young boy. Somedays, I wish we could return to simpler days, but I wouldn't trade the time I spent with Ani for anything.

Anakin fiddled with it in his hand, his lips curled into a wide smile, till his hazy eyes found mind conveying what hid beneath. He didn't speak, but they pleaded, and I couldn't stand it. So without words, I moved to allow him to cradle me.