[2] Baby had a reason

"Did you attack Daren?"

"Yes"

"Did you have self awareness when you attacked daren?"

"Yes"

"Were you controlled by your wolf"

"No"

"Was there a  reason to your attack"

"Yes"

"If so, then please bring it to light."

Silence prevailed.

"I asked you-"

"He molested my sister" Yisrael interrupted midway. His eyes were sharp but blank without revealing the slightest of a hint as to what he was feeling as he continued to stare at the wall behind his pseudo interrogator.

"I don't recall you having a sibling much less a sister when I read through your file"

"She's not related to me by blood or law. She's my bestfriend. The only family I have."

"Who is she? What's her name?"

"........." Yisrael stayed silent.

Even thinking about what happened made him feel anxious, nauseated and disgusted.

"What was the extent of the molestation"

"......" Yeonjun remained mute.

His mind replaying the scene that he witnessed just half an hour ago when he found bella pinned to the ground, helplessly in the school store room.

Her pristine white shirt that was always ironed to perfection was rumpled and torn, her legs spread open to accomodate that bastard.

Her face that always carried a smile was tear streaked , fear stricken as she refused to make a sound.

She was controlling her voice all her might. Her slender, pale wrists  were bruised, her  hair was messy and her neck was covered in ugly dark purple hickeys.

He lost control.

In a fit of anger he forgot that he was supposed to comfort her and stay by her side. He instead went crazy and dragged that bastard out to the corridor to beat the shit out of him.

The principal let out a sigh

"Do you have evidence that he is guilty"

"Yes"

"Oh, can you show it"

"It happened right before me. I caught him red handed."

"Well we need much more than that. Please tell us who she is. Without her testimony Darren can't be accused and you will not be excused."

Yisrael did not want to tell anyone that bella was abused. He didn't have the right to do that. Killing Darren was something he could do without much hesitation but telling  bella's nightmare of a experience without her consent was not something he would do.

So he pretended to be deaf.

" Mr. Yisrael Clinton , your selective  hearing will bring you lots of-"

Suddenly a knock at the office door interrupted her. She paused mid sentence, looking over at the door.

Sage invited himself into the principal's office and bowed politely.

"-problems"  she continued.

" I don't recall giving you the permission to enter
Mr. Clinton." The principal,  Ms.Hilda Mathais said, squinting her eyes in reparation.

Yeonjun finally stopped his starting contest with the wall and turned around to find Soobin already looking at him.

Soobin nodded at him.

Yeonjun turned away and continued his staring match with the wall.

"I sincerely apologise for overstepping my boundaries" Soobin said while bowing again "but I promise I didn't intrude without any reason. Infact there is someone I'd like you all to meet"

Ms hilda tilted her head clearly intrigued at his bold and confident gesture.

There was a sound of the door creaking, someone entered the room. Yeonjun was compelled to put a halt to his staring contest and turned over to see bella.

Her slim trembling figure was covered in a coat that was way too large for her. It was Soobin's. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying but there was her a certain determination glinting in her eyes as she looked straight at the principal keeping her tears at bay.

"Is there something you want to convey Miss. Hadid?"   The principal asked in a even tone as if she's asking about the weather, as if she were ignorant to bella's messy and unkempt figure"

"Bella.." Yeonjun stood up but he didn't approach her. Looking at her made his heart ache so much that he couldn't bear to look at her like this.

Guilt for not noticing her predicament and for not being with her when she clearly needed it gnawing on his heart. Slowly killing him from the inside.

" Yeonjun saved me" she said. Her tone light but firm, trembling slightly.

Yeonjun couldn't bear to hear her voice.

"Bella you should rest-" he started but was stopped midway as she lifted a palm towards him, indicating him to not interrupt her.

"  Daren had taken nude photos of some of my friends and tried to blackmail me into sleeping with him." Bella cried.

"He said if I didn't sleep with him he would post all of them on the internet" The tears that swirling in her eyes finally made their way down her cheeks as sobs wrecked through her body.

Yeonjun couldn't take it anymore and went over and hugged her tightly in his arms. He held her against his chest with a tight grip as he was trying to stop her from falling apart.

Slowly silent tears slid down his cheeks. He rubbed soothing circles on her back trying to calm her down to no avail. He closed his eyes and rested his chin on her head and closed his eyes but that didn't stop his tears from flowing.

His lovely bestfriend, seeing her like this broke something inside him.

He couldn't protect his mother then.

He couldn't protect his sister now.