Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Questions and escape

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John didn't know where he was but he had a very bad headache, as he groaned and sat up. When he finally opened his eyes, he saw cobblestone walls before turning to see iron bars.

'What the hell happened?' he wondered as he began to try and recall what happened.

He was making his way back towards the black hawk until he stumbled across those children... Then the guards showed up followed by that rag tag group of random animals... he then remembered fighting them until he was left only with the tiger... and then... nothing.

It didn't take long though to tell he pieced together what happened, and he felt like hitting himself outside the head.

'I got too focused on the tiger and one of the other animals knocked me out great... way to go dumbass!' he thought as he began to examine himself.

To his further frustration he saw most of his armor had been removed with only his under-armor shirt, pant leggings and boots remaining. He could also tell he had in fact broken a few ribs by the pain he was feeling, and after lifting his shirt up saw the bruising.

'Fuck' he mentally cursed before trying to push himself up.

Leaning against the wall John pushed himself up before walking over to the iron barred door. Looking down the hall through the iron bars he saw other cells like his, and he immediately realized he was in some sort of prison.

"Hey look." He heard someone say to his left and after turning to his left saw three rhinos walking by with spears. "The demons awake." Continued the left rhino as they walked.

'Great! Apparently, I'm a demon.' He thought sarcastically with a slight roll of the eyes.

"Once the grand master is done you it's off to Char Gom for you, ugly." He then heard the middle one say, followed by the three laughing as they walked away. I was going to say something to this asshole but before I could I heard some chuckle from the cell next to me. It sounded like someone was laughing with a sore throat.

Once the guards were out of sight I decided to ask who my new cell neighbor was, maybe even get some answers on what the hell was this place. "Hey, you there, can you understand me?"

'Ok, not the best way to start a sentence, but it'll do.'

"Hmm, I didn't think you could speak, but I guess it is nice to talk to someone who's not a guard." Said my cell neighbor. "I'm guessing since you're new here you would need to be filled in on what the schedule here is."

"You won't need to, I won't be here for long." John spoke.

"Hmmmm, yes I heard what the guard said, something about you being taken to the Jade Palace master." The voice spoke.

"Yeah, but I'm not planning on being taken somewhere I might be executed for, I'm planning my escape."

"Good luck with that, not many have escaped from here, there will be guards everywhere. Your odds are 4 to 60 chances of escape." The voice spoke.

"I'll improvise." John spoke with a hint of confidence. "But before I do, I want some answers to a few questions of mine."

The voice was silent for a minute before he gave an answer. "Well I'm not going anywhere, so ask awayyyy...." He ended with singing at the last part, creepy.

John wondered what he should ask first until he decided to ask who those six animals were from his arrest. "Before I was brought here I had a fight with six animals, a tiger, snake, crane, monkey, mantis, and believe or not a freaking Panda. Who were they?"