The capture

Chapter 5: The capture

(With John)

John was currently sprinting through the dense forest as he tried to flee from the guards of the village who were still trying to traverse down the jagged cliff side, or who were trying to take him down with their arrows which were landing all around him like rain. Ducking behind a tree, he peered around the edge of the tree to see half of the guards were about a third of the way down, while the others were reloading their bows.

'You gotta be kidding, they're sending all these troops, just for one guy!?' he thought before jumping out from behind the tree to continue sprinting into the dense forest.

Weaving in and out of the trees and thick brush John continued to sprint as fast as he could, even though his leg felt like it was burning from it being injured. Continuing to throw branches out of the way as he fled further and further away, with the voices of the guards became more and more distant as he went on.

About five minutes later John could no longer hear the guards, and decided to slow his pace slightly, as he took deep breaths and slowed his heart rate and felt his leg like it was on fire. But not wanting to stop he continued onward, until his leg flared up again forcing him to fall against a tree.

"Ah!" he groaned as he clutched his leg to see the wound had opened slightly and was now bleeding again heavily as the blood began to stain his hands once again.

But realizing he didn't have the time to treat it he pulled himself off of the tree to continue back towards his ship.

(With the Furious Five and Po)

Moving at lightning speed Tigress and the others ran towards the musician village along the path but stopped when they heard yelling coming off of the path.

"That way!" Tigress commanded as she and the other changed course and began sprinting into the forest.

Their pace slowed down though as they reached the thicker brush, and had to begin pushing the branches out of the way to continue.

"Crane." She then said as she gained his attention. "Fly ahead and find out where it is and where it's going." She then ordered.

"On it." He replied as he immediately went from a horizontal flight path to a vertical path to get above the trees, before disappearing from sight.

"So, what do we do when we find it?" asked Viper as she jumped over a log as they continued to push through the brush.

"Ya, do we try talking to it or what?" questioned Monkey.

"I don't think this thing is going to listen by just talking to it?" responded Mantis who was currently on Monkey's shoulder.

"AH come on guys who cares let's just kick its butt!" spoke Po from behind as he ran slightly behind the others.

"Master Shifu said to bring it back for questioning, I don't think it will be to cooperate if we 'kick its butt' Po." Replied Viper with a shack of her head as she wasn't one for needless violence.

Tigress wasn't listening though as she was thinking of how they were going to take this thing down. After reading about this 'human' in that ancient scroll she was not going to take any chances with it, and was going to beat it to a pulp for escaping and embarrassing them once before.

They soon came to a sudden stop when they reached the edge of the cliff where they could see some of the guards to their right and a few more down below on the ground.

"It went that way!" one of the guards to their right stated as he pointed to the thick brush below in front of them.

Before they could jump though they saw Crane coming towards them, before gently landing on the ledge.