Prologue

(Year 2043, Location Atlantic Ocean N 17.1321 W -26.6731)

The ocean was calm as waves flowed in random directions, and the wind blew lightly giving a feeling of calmness. However, the calmness left when high in the sky dozens of C-17 Globe masters and F-22 Raptors began flying overhead.

Inside one of the C-17s a team was getting ready for what will most likely be their last mission. But a mission that will finally bring an end to the war.

"Say Carter" , a man with an Irish accent and had red hair and a big puffy mustache, said to the man next to him who had slightly tan skin and short black hair. "You want to empty the tavern when this is over?" he asked.

"HA! You know me, Flitch... I'm always in!" Carter said as he punched Fitch's shoulder.

"If you boys are finished with your obsession of drinking when this is over... perhaps you can focus on getting ready so you don't get killed out there." A woman with blonde hair said as she pulled out her HK 416 and slung it over her back.

"Ah, come on Liz... you know you want to join us." Carter said as he pulled out an oxygen mask.

"Don't worry lad... you know she is just upset because you have more kills then her." Flitch said which got a laugh out of everyone.

"At least I got a kill unlike you Flitch." Retorted Liz which got a howl out of the team.

"Alright team enough with the chit chat." Came a strong voice which silenced everyone.

Everyone turned to look at a man who was standing at the back of the plane with his hands behind his back. He was about six foot four, with a body that was well built. He had green eyes with lightly tanned skin, and dark brown hair that looked almost black, that was cut short. He looked to be in his mid twenties, and had a few scars on the side of his neck that showed he'd seen combat before. He was wearing a black tactical vest with various equipment attached to it, and matching pants. He was currently holstering a Hk 416 over his shoulder. He scanned the room to make sure he had everyone's attention, which appeared to be so.

"Alright we all know why we're here... at 1136 hours we intercepted an encrypted message from here." Said the man as a hologram of an island popped up to which he pointed. "The message... was that Kaon has finished project Reset." He continued as the image changed to a large looking aircraft. "Project Reset is an orbital fighter fitted with an EMP railgun... If Kaon launches this weapon he will hit every technological gear and devices in these targeted cities, hospitals, satilats, airports, all will lose power, and many civilians will die within a couple hours." He continued which got a look of disbelief out of the team. "However... The island is heavily fortified with both mercenaries and sentries, and we remain out gunned and numbered. Which means..." he was about to explain but was cut off.

"That we're walking into a death trap." Finished Liz. "So what's the plan John?" She then asked John who changed the hologram back to the island.

"We are just approaching the coast now... Porto Novo is the island that they are using as a means of a base of operation. Restart is located underground though, once they finish the preparations they will open the hangar doors and launch it into orbit. So once we land we are going to force our way into base and make our way to the ship. When we do we get on board and destroy the EMP generators... But it means..."

"It's a one-way trip." Said a man with dark skin who was leaning against the wall. He suddenly smirked before adding. "I'm in."

"I know I can always count on you Antonio." Replied John, with a sad smile. "But are the rest of you?" he then asked in a commanding voice.