Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

The knight beside him steps back, obliging with the leaders silent command and sheathing his blade once more—his blue gaze flickers between Kirishima and I every few seconds.

"Betray?" I wonder out loud, causing the people around to glance my way.

There's a short pause as Eijiro clears his throat and gently moves me to the side, his crimson gaze looking to Uraraka since she was the closest to us at the moment.

"Can you go with Uraraka for a little bit? I promise I won't be long, I just have to clear up a few things here." He requests, voice lowered as if he was talking to a child.

My brows furrow "What? But I don't want to leave you alone, that guy over there pulled out a sword!" I whisper back, eyes flickering to the knight a few feet away.

"It's only for a little bit, please (Y/n)." Eijiro assures, soft gaze looking down at me as he gave my hand a light squeeze.

My eyes cast over to the brunette before I sigh, lightly nodding my head in agreement before planting a kiss on his cheek "Be safe, Red." I command before turning and approaching her.

Uraraka opens the door for me—brown eyes casting through out the room before nodding as she follows me into the hall.

—Third Person POV.—

After (Y/n) had left with their brown haired companion now leading her, Kirishima turned back to the group—a down expression on his features as he met the remaining fews gazes.

"Okay, so I should probably start from the beginning." He sighs, lifting a hand to rub at the back of his neck and allowing the others to nod—silently beckoning him to continue.

"So, the plan went accordingly, we got into the training guard and easily worked our way up so that the recruiters would take notice." Crimson eyes cast upwards as the redhead recalled the prologue of the adventure.

"After that, the three of us were chosen and a court date was held so we could take our oaths.." He continues, voice trailing off when he thought back to that moment.

"Denki and Sero went into the courtroom first because I forgot my sword in one of the tents and had to go to get it. As I was walking though one of the halls though, that's when I ran into (Y/n) for the first time."

Kirishima admitted how he hadn't known she was the target at first, even offering to take her to get medical help in case she was hurt—but she declined and rushed off.

He had brushed the interaction away from his mind, hurrying to get his weapon and return to the court just in time for the hearing.

But upon looking up to who was sitting in a throne, built for none other than the daughter of the Duke—the redhead recognized her immediately, his eyes having trouble trying to ignore her as they were called forward.

How his crimson gaze clashed with her own (e/c) one, how his mind had gotten lost the moment she looked his way and how he nearly fumbled the mission from just one glance.

Kirishima couldn't help the hue of red slowly dancing across his face as he brought up the embarrassing scene that took place afterwards.

And the story continued, the previously believed soldier going on with filling his friends in on how the plan had taken a turn later down the road.