chapter -14

Episode start -

Vansh's POV.

After I had dressed up, I went to Annie's house. I stood before her wooden door and knocked.

"I'm coming!"

I heard Annie's voice from behind the door. There were quick footsteps and then the door opened. Annie leaned on the wall by the doorway and her lips widened into. a smile. She wore a yellow T-shirt and black shorts. Her curly hair was packed up into a messy bun. She has a high cheekbone and beautiful hazel eyes that sparkled whenever she smiled,

She looked at my clothes under her thick black eyelashes, her eyes moving from my leather shoe unto my black well ironed trousers to my woolen sweater.

"You look like you came from a date." She said and left the doorway,

I looked at my clothes again and entered inside. actually considered my dressing to be too casual for a date.

I closed the door. Zoe, who was watching a cartoon on the television, jumped down from the couch and ran towards me.

"Uncle vansh!" She squeaked.

I squatted and she ran into my open arms. I embraced her and patted her brown curly hair, gently. I really missed her and was glad to see her.

"How are you, Zoe?"

She looked at me with her bright gray eyes. "I'm fine."

I smiled and ruffled her curls. If only she knew who I was to her.

Ishoved my hand into the pocket of my trouser searching for the candy I bought for her. "I heard you broke your mom's mirror."

She fidgeted with her hands and looked around, guiltily. "It was by mistake, I won't do it again, I promise."

I nodded. "Don't give your mother a hard time, okay?" I said and stood up.

I gave her the candy and she hopped in pure excitement. She quickly unwrapped the candy and started to lick it.

"Zoe, you haven't thanked him." Annie corrected Zoe's attitude.

She giggled and ran back to the couch. "Thank you uncle vansh!" she hollered and continued watching her cartoon.

Annie folded her hands and looked at me. "You'll end up spoiling her." Annie said with a bright smile.

"She deserved to be spoiled with good things"

Too much candies will ruin her gums, I don't think that is a good thing." She said and walked back into the living room.

There were three couches in the living room with a small circular table at its centre. Annie's mother sat on a couch opposite Zoe's. She wore a blue hair net and a flowing long night dress. Her eyes were the same as Annie's. She had curved eyebrows, protruding cheekbones, and a small concave nose. She was also watching the cartoon with Zoe, but I was sure she had zero idea of what she was
watching. "Good evening." I greeted her and sat beside Zoe.

She smiled. "How are you, Dominic? Annie said you brought a hair cream for Zoe's dandruff."

I nodded and brought out the hair cream. "Yes I did." I showed her. "This is it, but I'm not sure it's effective."

Annie's mom took it from my hand and observed it. "It looks like it's a good product, it might work."

She gave her daughter the cream. I looked at Zoe who was engrossed in the cartoon she was watching.

"What are you watching?" I asked her. She took her eyes from the television and glanced at me. "Jack and the beanstalk."

I looked at the television watching the cartoon. It showed an animated boy climbing a very tall tree. "It looks interesting," I remarked.