03 ♡ new class cutie

Start from the beginning

"I seriously can't believe it," Kaminari marveled, staring down at the contact screen of his phone with glossy eyes. "[Name]-chan gave me her number... I could die happy right now."

"Thanks," you laughed, "but please don't die."

"Are you worried about me? I love you already!"

Jirou had taken to swatting Kaminari's head, and the other students were still laughing at his foolish little display. You decided to sit with Uraraka and her group after all, since she had been the one to come up to you first. The class president, Iida Tenya, was a very straight-laced character, but you could sense that he did everything out of the goodness of his heart. Then there was the other boy, Midoriya Izuku, the one who sat almost directly behind you in class and had been blushing the whole time he'd been looking at you. He had a meek, innocent nature to him, and you could already tell it wouldn't take much for your Quirk to affect him.

"Thank you guys for being so welcoming of me," you smiled as you sat down with your food. "I know I was technically only a few days late, but it feels like so much has already happened and I've missed a ton of things."

Uraraka shook her head. "No, you'll be fine! Actually, it's honestly better that you weren't there for the USJ attack. I don't mean that in a bad way or anything! It's just that it was pretty scary, so at least you didn't have to go something like that."

Iida nodded. "I agree. While facing off against actual villains serves as excellent learning experience, we were far too under-prepared for such an attack. We still need much more training."

"[N-Name]-chan," Izuku piped up, his cheeks flushed and his voice wavering slightly as he spoke to you. "Um... I hope I'm not being rude by asking or anything, but you sort of began mentioning why you started late when you introduced yourself? I mean, what was the reason you couldn't start on time...?"

"Oh, that. I was in Greece," you said simply.

"Greece?!"

All three of them had cried out in unison. You chuckled softly. "Yeah, Mikael travels a lot, and he brings me along with him often. Ah-Mikael is my legal guardian. I was raised in an orphanage, but I've been living with him for the last ten years."

"So you travel a lot," Uraraka breathed. "That's so cool. My family could never really afford to go anywhere fancy, so I've never actually left Japan..."

You spooned a helping of your lunch into your mouth. "Yeah, so that's basically it. Nothing too special. Besides the USJ attack, which was obviously a really big deal, was there anything else important that I've missed?"

"Well..." The brunette twisted her brows into a knot. "Aizawa-sensei threatened us with expulsion on our very first day, but that turned out to be a lie."

"Hold up, what?"

"There was the trial of battle," Iida declared. "The three of us here faced off against one another, where one side was acting as the heroes and the other as the villains. I, for some reason, was drawn to play the part of the villain! But I did my best to stick to the role for the sake of training. However, Bakugou and I still ended up losing against Midoriya and Uraraka..."

You pursed your lips. "Bakugou..."

"Kacchan's the angry one. You sit next to him in class," Izuku said, and you noticed the way his expression shifted.

"His name is Kacchan?"

"Erm, no-that's just what I call him!" he said hurriedly. "His actual name is Katsuki, but I've called him that ever since we were kids, so... it just kind of stuck."

"Oh, I see. The two of you are childhood friends?"

"N-No..." The atmosphere drastically shifted, and both Iida and Uraraka exchanged hesitant looks. Izuku was nervously running his fingers through his curly hair. "We used to be at some point... I guess? But that's when we were really young. Now, my relationship with Kacchan's just as bad as it can get. He can't even stand being around me, and he says nasty things to me pretty much all the time."