୨⎯DEEPER MEANING⎯୧

This hug appeared to last an eternity—as if they were both trapped in time. In some concern, Y/N would gently touch Wally's back, surprised he hadn't gone rag-doll mode yet. Before asking Wally a question, it took Y/N a few moments to speak out. "Are you all right?" There was nothing but silence. He didn't respond, so Y/N assumed he was just thinking or overly sensitive at the moment. Wally would eventually respond to Y/N's question though. "I'm sorry, Neighbor. I shouldn't have left you alone." Wally lifted his head away from Y/N's shoulder and cupped his fuzzy palms over their cheeks.

Wally's smile remained, but Y/N could tell it was becoming more despondent and apprehensive. "I should've stuck by your side. But don't worry, I'm here now." Wally reassured, as though it was Y/N who was all agitated and worried right now. Staring at Wally's face just made Y/N more perplexed. It was good to hear, but it wasn't the most essential thing. "Okay, but what about the television—" Y/N turned their head slightly to look at the TV again, but Wally abruptly turned their head back so they could face him. "Don't look that way. Neighbor, I'm right here. Look at me." Wally would say slowly and ominously, his pupils increasing in size and his smiled stretched almost to the corner of his cheeks. "Keep your eyes.. on me."

This was not something Y/N expected to happen. Wally's behavior surprised Y/N and kept them from gazing back at the television. Wally appeared to be trying forbid Y/N from slipping into an open and welcoming trap. Y/N would find themselves staring directly at Wally, into the abyss of their enormous black eyes, and becoming enthralled by their gaze. It took a few moments for YN to return to reality before placing their hands on Wally's shoulders and giving him a firm reassuring pat. "OK, I won't look at the TV. On another note, where did you go? I've been looking for you!" As they stood up from their kneeling position and grasped Wally's hands slightly then released it, Y/N would mildly chastise him.

Wally faintly cringed as he listened to Y/N's gentle scolding, but was pleased that the subject had been diverted. "I was in the pantry. The apple gummies looked interesting..." Y/N overheard Wally explain his disappearance, and if that was his reason, it's a plausible one. His affection for apples appears to be something Y/N cannot deny on their mother's life. As Y/N squeezed the bridge of their nose, Y/N let out a slight, though lingering sigh. Wally looked up at Y/N, fidgeting their hands together as if unsure what to say or do. "Y/N..?" Wally remarked gently, his head slightly tilted. Y/N eventually looked down at him, then thought of something that could help possibly distract whatever happen earlier.

That may be a good idea. "How about we take a little trip in my favorite rocket ship?" Y/N inquired, placing their hand to their side and smiling at Wally. Wally's face appeared to be drawn to Y/N's comments, his smiling mouth open a little before responding. "..rocket ship?" Wally said, one of his yellow fingers under his chin. Y/N forgot that this puppet might be fairly clueless—supposedly—and didn't expect them to know what a rocket ship is. The first one was built in the 1920s, but perhaps he was unaware? Or maybe Wally doesn't know what it looks like. "Yeah. My rocket ship. I need to go get some groceries." Y/N stated as they exited the living room.

"We are.. going shopping?" Wally inquired, his interest growing as he followed Y/N into the bedroom. Y/N merely nodded, quickly changing into their 'no one cares' clothing, and walked around the room to look for their keys. Wally merely covered his eyes while Y/N changed in front of him, then lowered them after Y/N was finished, now following them again. Y/N discovered their keys on the dresser and placed them in Wally's hands to keep him occupied while Y/N went off to the closet to find something that would not make Wally's appearance appear strange in public.

Wally looked down at the keys that had been handed to him. His yellow hands delicately touched the metal as his enlarged pupils examined each unique key and the charming keychains. Y/N didn't hear a peep from Wally, who was just standing there staring intently at the keys. Y/N softly sweated as they continued to sift through the basket of clothes until they found a little pullover jacket with a skateboarding frog on it. Y/N crouched down towards Wally, who was still focused on the keys. "Wally, look here~" Y/N lightly said to attract his attention. The moment Wally turned to Y/N, they grabbed the keys from his hands and placed the jacket over his body.