He had that charming smile of his on his face as he talked about something, pausing in between to eat and take a sip of the red wine.

And then as if sensing my gaze on his, his eyes flitted to mine.

He abruptly paused saying whatever he was and his eyes narrowed at me subtly.

Fuck. I am so dead now.

I instantly lowered my head and put my hair in front of me like a curtain.

"Maybe we should go somewhere else," I told Vance.

"But why? This place is good."

"No. I don't like it. We should find somewhere else."

"Chiara, if we leave without ordering anything, it's going to be embarrassing."

Fuck that. If I don't leave and Ezekiel confronts me then I am going to get a long-ass lecture from everyone.

At the same time, my phone buzzed with an incoming call.

Marcelo. I let it go to voicemail.

"Why do you look so scared?" He questioned.

"I am so sorry, Vance. I...think we should just go home. I am not feeling well."

I cut a glance towards Ezekiel and found that they were done and were wrapping things up as they all stood and Ezekiel shook hands with that man.

Concern etched on his face. "Oh. Is there something I can do?"

I opened my mouth to say something but at the same time, I found that man leaving while Ezekiel stood there with that woman to whom he said something.

She gave him a small smile and followed that man out.

And then he started to walk straight to me.

I buried my face in my hands, accepting my defeat.

A moment later, I felt his presence beside me. "Well, hello there."

I exhaled loudly and turned to Ezekiel. "What?"

Vance glanced between us curiously. "Do you know him? Is he...your brother?"

"No." We both snapped at him.

"O-kay..."

Ezekiel addressed Vance with that same charming smile but the smile felt fake, his features hard and his eyes narrowed at him. "And you are?"

"Vance. Her friend."

"Friend..." Ezekiel repeated slowly. "I see. So, are you on a date here, Vance?"

"Yes."

My eyes widened. "What? No. This is just a friendly lunch."

Ezekiel didn't even bother to glance at me and continued to say to him, "I am sorry for interrupting your date but I will have to request you to leave."

"But who are you? And why are you asking me to leave?"

I groaned and said to Vance, "I am sorry. He is a family friend. I am not feeling well anyway so could you please go back home? I will make up to you, I promise."

With the way Ezekiel kept staring at him coldly made Vance nervous and he got up. "Are you sure you know him? You will be okay?"

I nodded. "Yes."

He looked unsure and giving me one last look, he walked away.

"Thank you for scaring away my friend." I snapped to him.