𝟬𝟰𝟬. . . his silhouette

CHAPTER FORTY !

CHAPTER FORTY !

[ real life, imessage ]

- ❝ HIS SILHOUETTE ❞ 💌

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ !

the party is already in full swing by the time the group arrive

the party is already in full swing by the time the group arrive. astoria can't help but notice how annoyingly nice harper's house is, with tall ceilings and an elegant blend of modern and classic architecture. they've already walked past the front lawn, which is adorned with fairy lights that cast a soft glow across the entrance. a few people are smoking and talking outside, but other than that all of the excitement seems to be inside.

even from outside, the group could hear the thumping bass of the music reverberating through the night. now that they're inside it's even louder, causing the grand chandelier hanging from the ceiling to shake a little. despite the elegance of the house, the trace of partying has already left its mark.

there are red solo cups scattered on every available surface, and a few confetti-filled balloons float lazily near the ceiling. astoria wonders what the event is that has caused the girl to throw such a large party.

skye is already grinning at the sight of all of the alcohol bottles in the kitchen. he takes nick's hand, entwining their fingers, and drags the boy into the next room. nick rolls his eyes, but lets himself be pulled into the kitchen all the same.

"let's get drunk!" skye calls, already grabbing a cup and pouring himself a drink. nick crosses his arms, leaning against the counter.

"i'll pass," he replies, pressing his lips together to stop himself from smiling at the boy before him.

"you should know by now that when i say let's get drunk, i usually mean that i get drunk while you watch me embarrass myself," skye clarifies jokingly, taking a sip of whatever mixture he's created.