𝟬𝟬𝟵. . . you look pretty

CHAPTER NINE !

CHAPTER NINE !

[ real life ]

- ❝ YOU LOOK PRETTY ❞ 💌

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ !

the group sit in the living room, all watching astoria as she finishes typing before putting her phone down

the group sit in the living room, all watching astoria as she finishes typing before putting her phone down. she looks up at them and furrows her eyebrows, confused, when she sees that they're all staring at her.

"what?"

"you said there's cookies," luna says. "we're hungry."

"good to know you're here to see me," she says, rolling her eyes and getting up from off of the couch to grab the plate of cookies she'd made earlier that day. school today had been a drag, and she hadn't had any motivation to do her homework so she just painted her nails and baked cookies instead. on top of that, it's been awkward in their group all day. well, just with chris, since none of them really know what to say around him since his very public fight with harper in the cafeteria earlier.

personally, astoria thinks they're being a little dramatic. they know harper is a toxic bitch, so they shouldn't really be surprised about what happened earlier. maybe if the others had paid more attention, they'd have realized that their relationship is always like that, despite chris not telling them. not that astoria pays specific attention to chris, obviously! she just has common sense, which all of her friends seem to lack.

though she supposes she does understand where they're coming from, especially nick and matt. it's odd for anyone in their group to keep secrets, and it's especially weird to her that he kept how shitty his relationship is even from his brothers. okay, maybe he didn't want to tell them about it when her and mason were at his house, but that was a few hours after school, so he could've easily told them before that. the whole situation is a bit weird, to be honest.