𝟬𝟮𝟯. . . just playing along

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE !

[ real life, imessage ]

- ❝ JUST PLAYING ALONG ❞ 💌

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ !

yawning, astoria rubs her eyes and manages to push herself upright into a sitting position

yawning, astoria rubs her eyes and manages to push herself upright into a sitting position. it's been a few days since she got back from brazil, but she's exhausted anyway, and literally cannot think of anything worse than going to a party right now.

luna is sitting at her desk, doing her eyeliner, meanwhile kali has been rummaging through astoria's closet for the past 45 minutes.

"we have to leave in like ten minutes and you're still in sweatpants," luna says, turning around and putting her eyeliner back into her makeup bag.

"can't we be fashionably late?" astoria complains, and her friends share a look. she feels like they're silently communicating in some strange couple language by the way they simultaneously raise their eyebrows at each other, before kali rolls her eyes.

"it's a surprise party so, no, we can't be late," she replies, crouching down to pick up a top she'd discarded five minutes before. she throws it at astoria, along with a jacket and a pair of baggy jeans. "just wear this," kali tells her with a sigh.

astoria also sighs, but gets up from her bed, clothes in hand. she walks out of her room and goes into the bathroom to quickly change, then heads back to her room.

when she enters, luna has moved from her spot at the desk, now standing next to kali as they observe her...dresser?

astoria raises an eyebrow in confusion, walking over to see what they're looking at. her heart skips a beat as she sees what it is.