Chapter 11

"I can't believe you're back. And alive," Stiles said as Derek smiled.

"Yeah, sometimes I can't believe it either. Eli is now 16. That is definitely something that I can't even imagine. My son grew up," Derek said as Stiles nodded.

"Yeah he has. You shouldn't have faked your death. Or... Whatever it was that you were doing. Eli needed you," Stiles said.

"I know he did. And apparently Lydia needed you," Derek said.

"Yeah that sounded pretty obvious when Scott asked me to come through earlier," Stiles said.

"What is going on with the two of you now?" Derek asked as Stiles shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't ask me. I've been asking myself that question for weeks now and I still don't know. Whatever these nightmares of hers are, they aren't going anywhere. And she doesn't want to tell me what they are," Stiles said.

"Maybe because she doesn't want you to worry like you usually do. It will be fine. It will all be fine in the end, but be there for her. When are you heading back to DC?" Derek asked as Stiles looked behind him.

"To be honest, I don't know if I even should head back. It seems like my whole life is suddenly under doubt. I don't want to leave Lydia alone, and it seems like the harder I try to keep my distance, the more I am just completely screwing up. But let me just think first, I may come back permanently," Stiles said.

"Your friends would appreciate it. Lydia as well," Derek said.