Chapter 7

"I don't know why everyone is on my case with that question. Me and Lydia are just friends. That's it."

Stiles knew that his friends were just concerned and worried about him. That he knew, but everyone's questions about him and Lydia were slowly driving him insane. Every second day since Lydia got back from Eichen, Scott would ask Stiles if he and Lydia had happened. It became a regular occurrence and it was driving him insane. Especially when his father started to ask the same question.

"We're just interested, Stiles. Don't bite off my head," Scott said.

"So my ex-girlfriend is just interested about where me and Lydia are standing? Yeah, right. Malia is everything but interested," Stiles said.

"Yeah that doesn't make sense. Why would Malia bother you with things like this? She is the ex," Scott said.

"You think I know? Plus, Lydia has been acting really weird. I'll definitely talk to her, and then I don't need this discussion coming up," Stiles said as he jumped into the jeep and drove off.

He was a senior at Beacon Hills High School, but somehow he still didn't feel like he was ready for anything. Stiles felt like there was something bigger out there. He understood when there was told to him that he could go to the FBI that it was serious. But, he didn't know if that was what he wanted. Stiles arrived at the Martin residence while he looked at the house. Outside on the porch, sat the 17 year old Lydia Martin as he smiled, and walked towards her.

"Hey, Lydia. What are you doing out here?"  Stiles asked as Lydia looked at him.

Lydia had been through a lot lately. After she had gotten rescued from Eichen house by Stiles, it was like something changed for her, and Lydia didn't know what to really feel. Her mother wanted her to go and follow in her grandmother's footsteps while Lydia didn't know how she could be far away from home and everyone she loved.

"Thinking. My mother is kinda going crazy," Lydia said.

"When you were held hostage, we all kinda lost our minds," Stiles said, sitting down next to Lydia on the stairs.

"But, I know you too well. Something is wrong," Stiles said.

"My mother already enrolled me for college at MIT. She states that technology is my only option. Like grandma," Lydia said.

"But you're more passionate about science," Stiles said as Lydia looked at him, not surprised by his response.

"Perhaps. I don't know. After the whole disaster, I feel like college isn't something that I'm supposed to immediately know about," Lydia said.

"Are you stressed about something?" Stiles asked as Lydia shook her head.

"Oh, I got something for you," Lydia said as she got a picture out of her bag and gave it to Stiles.

"Yeah, we'll all be just fine, Lyd. Just don't lose hope," Stiles said.

Stiles pulled out a picture from long ago out of his drawer. He smiled at it knowing his love for Lydia didn't really disappear. Scott and Allison were in Rome on their honeymoon while Stiles promised Scott that he would keep an eye on the animal shelter. Stiles looked around the apartment that he was in while he exhaled. Allison was worried about Lydia so Stiles agreed to stay with her for awhile. The apartment had a few bedrooms while Stiles managed to occupy himself with work. Stiles smiled at the memory while he heard screaming.

"Lydia?" Stiles said as he ran towards the room.

Lydia Martin was fast asleep, but not peacefully. The one thing Lydia Martin had hated was the fact that she always had the worst timing ever. She was rolling around in her bed, fearing that what has happened so many times was happening again. 

She saw a blue jeep standing outside of a building. The same blue jeep that she learned to love. But the same boy who always drove it, wasn't in it. She looked around scared of what could happen when she saw a trail of blood.

"No."

She rushed into the high school where she found the jeep. The jeep was outside and the blood on the floor was still wet. She feared for the boy who she knew she would find. Lydia looked around herself as the blood stopped at the boys' gym locker room. She rushed inside as she saw a boy, down on the ground against the metal rack. He was holding his chest while Lydia could see the blood on his grey hoodie.

"Stiles!" she yelled and immediately ran over to him.

"What are you doing here?" Stiles asked as Lydia looked at him.

"What happened to you?" Lydia asked as she quickly put her bag down.

"I'm okay," Stiles said as he winched.

"No, you are not. You're..."

"Lydia," Stiles said cupping her cheeks as he placed his head on hers.

"It's okay. It's okay," he softly said, tears appearing in Lydia's eyes.

"No, no. No, it's not okay," Lydia said.

"It is. What kind of guy at the age of 17 can say he's loved like I've loved you? I love you, Lydia. Live your life," Stiles said.

Lydia felt his hand dropping as his body went down. Tears rolled over her face while she didn't know what to say. She just completely and utterly was speechless. She looked at the man's body in front of her as she exhaled and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you too."

"No!"

Lydia woke up in a sweat. She looked around her as she was in her room. It had seemed to be years later. She saw the bedroom door opening and saw the same hazel eyes she just said goodbye to as she fell to her bed.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked as he saw how tears were running down Lydia's face.

"Lydia?" Stiles said as he went towards her and sat down on the bed.

"What's wrong?" he asked as Lydia shook her head.

"I can't do this anymore."

"Can't do what? Lydia," Stiles said.

"I can't keep on losing you," Lydia said finally making eye contact with him.

"You won't. You haven't lost me, Lydia. I'm here, okay? I'm here with you. Hey," Stiles said as he pulled Lydia into his body, holding onto her tight.

"I'm right here," Stiles said.