Chapter 2

The situation was everything that Lydia wanted to avoid. It was a cool October afternoon in Washington while Lydia looked at the situation she found herself at. She and Stiles were at a shooting range with Stiles determined to teach his girlfriend how to shoot. Lydia held the gun in her hand and tried to shoot. She couldn't pull the trigger. She was strong and she knew that she had help, but for some reason she couldn't pull the trigger.

"Lydia, it's okay, you know. Maybe you just need to breath," Stiles said as Lydia exhaled.

"Easy for you to say," Lydia said as she lowered the gun yet again.

"Let me help you then," Stiles said.

He wrapped his hands around Lydia's, holding the gun. Lydia smiled at him, her body igniting at his touch. She bit her lip as she aimed for the target and pulled the trigger. It hit bullseye. She smiled as Stiles showed her she was ready. She smiled as she took the gun and shot, this time on her own.

"There you go. You have it," Stiles said.

"I got you," Lydia said as Stiles smiled.

"We've got each other," he said.

Lydia smiled as she put the gun down on the table besides her, turning around, and immediately smashing her lips into Stiles'. He smiled into the kiss, wrapping his arms around her waist, as she threw hers around his neck. The kiss deepened and with every movement, they felt the kiss getting more and more intense. Stiles lifted Lydia onto the table behind them, never breaking the kiss, as he slid his arms down her body.

"I love you," he whispered against her lips breaking the kiss.

"I love you too," Lydia said laying her hair against his.

Lydia woke up screaming and in a sweat. She didn't know what it was, but the dreams were becoming more and more clearer. Like it was another premonition and it scared the yell out of her. She heard her door opening and the light going on while she saw as Allison and Scott came into the room.

"Lydia, everything okay?" Scott asked.

Allison went to sit down besides her best friend, pulling her close to her, and held her. Tears burned in Lydia's eyes and Allison knew those were tears of missing the one person she loved more than anything. Scott remembers when Lydia first came back after all those dreams that she had. She still suffered form the dreams for months afterwards and for a long time it was Scott who had to console her. Stile still checked in every week or so on his ex-girlfriend, and surprisingly, he still does. Although they have been broken up for so long.

"Are they the same dreams? The one of a crash?" Scott asked as Lydia shook her head.

"It's like my head is trying to tell me exactly what I had and I fucked it up. It's like my whole life is surrounded around this life I used to have. The science teacher with her FBI boyfriend. I miss him so much. I don't know if I can handle seeing him this weekend," Lydia said.

"He's on his way and will soon enough be here. Don't worry, okay?" Allison said as Lydia nodded.

Driving the rough distance, Stiles knew that everything had changed. He was heading back to California and back to Beacon Hills. The place where he was born and grew up. But also the place where everything laid buried under the ground. His romance with Lydia Martin and the times he actually felt like a investigator. He smiled at it all when he heard his phone ringing through the speakers and answered it through the steering wheel.

"Yeah, Scotty? Excited for the huge day?" Stiles asked as he didn't know why Scott called him at that time.

"Well not if my best friend is struggling like this. Lydia is still waking up from nightmares, Stiles. And these are different but scares her even more. She's waking up crying. Allison and I can't even help her," Scott said as Stiles exhaled and looked at the picture up against his dash of the shooting event.

"I'll be there within an hour. Just hold on longer," Stiles said ending the call, as he stepped harder on the gas.