ℱ𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎, 𝒶𝓉 𝓅𝑒𝒶𝒸𝑒..

I'm surrounded in darkness. It's comforting. I feel someone tap on my shoulder, I turn around. I see no one. "Hello." I look down, it's a child. She has pigtails, with bows on them, in the most adorable dress ever. And she has a tiara. To be honest it's a lot for a dress for a little girl. That's a ball gown.

I crouch at her level. "Hello, It's nice to meet you. What's your name?" I ask. She gives me a smile, "My name is Estella." My face goes pale. Estella. She places her small hand on my shoulder. "Are you ok, I haven't gotten your name." I clear my throat. "My name is Charlotte." Her smile grows bigger. "My sister's name is Charlotte, you guys have the same name!"

I give her a small smile, "Yeah, we do." "Charlotte is my twin sister, so I have to share a birthday with her." Her face changes to angry. "It's not that bad." I spoke.

"Do you have a sister too!?" She asked, I nodded my head. She places her hand in mine, "Here I'll take you to my sister, so you can meet her." Soon we're walking, but it seems we're getting nowhere.

"Estella, where are we going , there's only pure darkness." She only laughs. "Don't be silly, Charlotte, look we're almost there." She points in front of her. There's a light at the end.

We stop in front of the light. Estella lets go of my hand. "I can't wait for you to meet her. She's a pain in the butt, however." She looks at me with a big smile. "She's the best sister I could ever ask for." I look at the light. I see someone inside the light. It's a woman but I can't see their face.

"Why aren't you coming with me?" I look back at Estella. Only this time she's a teenager now, But.. with blood all over her face, and clothes. Memories flash in my head. Ones I wanted to never remember.

12 YEARS AGO..

We were playing outside, in the front of the driveway. At the time, we had a small house, me and my sister were sharing a room. I was 11 at the time, young stupid Charlotte...

We were playing soccer, the ball.. It went on the street. I went to get it. I didn't see the car coming. But my sister did. She ran towards me and pushed me out of the way. I made it but she didn't.

Mom and Dad rushed out the house. People around the house started coming out of their homes. Even the guy in the car, he had a wife and two kids with him. His wife felt awful, but the man felt even more. My parents pressed charges on him. He couldn't deal with the pain of killing someone, so he hung himself three days later/

I wanted to tell him it wasn't his fault, I didn't look both ways. It's all my fault. If only I looked, none of this would've even happened. After that, Mom and Dad distanced themselves away from me. They couldn't even look at me while talking.. They said I look too much like...Estella. She was the sweeter sister, the favorite one too.

So I isolated myself, from my parents and from school. But my grades were still the top in my class. I thought Estella wanted me to become successful. Not living by paycheck like Mom and Dad.

After I finished high school I went straight to College, I studied to become a businesswoman. Finally after 4 years. I did just that. I graduated and opened up my business.

And it went skyrocketing. I even got an invitation to make some clothing for famous celebrities, models, even influencers. I opened more shops around the world.

PRESENT TIME.

Tears formed in my eyes. "Estella...?" I quivered. She looks at me with tears in her eyes as well. "It's been so long-" "Twelve years.." I interrupt. "Time flys." she said. She doesn't speak so I do. "I'm twenty-three now, I have seven cats, Life is good. I opened up several businesses around the whole freaking world." I laugh while crying.

"Come here, Charlotte." She opens her arms. I run up to her, I embrace her. This all feels like a dream. If it is, please don't ever wake me up. My tears stain her shirt, not that she doesn't mind. She lets go of me, "Charlotte, you've grown into a woman I could never be."

She rests her hand on my cheek, "I'm so proud of you." I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. Her face turns strict. "But I'm afraid you have work to do, and a lot of people to save."

I give her a confused look. "Charlotte-" She shows me her hand, she's fading. "Charlotte, I don't have much time, so I need you to listen very closely." I only nod.

"When mom was pregnant with both of us, she was going through experiments. She was a lab rat, something or someone you do testing on. Either to test new powers or new medicines. She didn't know she was pregnant at the time, but after she did, she decided to leave the lab. She was on the run for about a couple of months. Until someone –Dad– found her. He helped keep her hidden." She pauses to take a breath.

"Four years later, she started to live her life unafraid. She got a new start in life, a new name, everything. But she didn't know that the experiments would give us powers.  My power was healing, that's why I healed faster then you most of the time. Mom didn't want us to live in fear, so she never told us about our powers and how to harness, control them.."

"The people from the lab, Charlotte. They're the people where you're staying." I but in. "But, how do you know all of this, you were only eleven at the time, h-how did you get all of this?" I rushed out. She stays quiet for a second. "I accidently was going through moms stuff trying to look for my phone at the time, and I came across that."

"She caught me, she told me that I should not be in here. I started asking questions about all this stuff and she told me right there...It was also on the same day I was hit by the car." She mumbled.

Unexpectedly the floor starts to rumble, like an earthquake. "I need to know one more thing Ella." She nods. "If dad isn't our father, who is...?" Her face goes pale. "Estella, who the hell is our fucking father." I become more firm.

I need to know, "I'm sorry, but you're going to have to ask Uncle–" "Uncle is dead, Richard killed him." I yelled. The floor won't stop shaking, it's just getting worse now. "H-he's dead?" Her voice cracks. "Yes.. it's all my fault I'm sorry." I put my head down. She gives me a tight hug, and smiles with tears in her eyes.

"Tell me who our father is." I said. I feel something pull me from behind. I grab onto Estella's hand. "Please tell me, I need to." I cry out. Tears are blurring my vision. She pulls me into one last hug. I hug her back tightly.

"There's no happy ending to this, right?" I whisper in her ear.

"Not likely, no." She stays quiet for a second.

"Richard." With that, she lets go of me and I'm pulled into the light.

1,264 words. Not to happy about it but It'll Have to do for now. I have more for next chapter though. Until then, please be very calm about the unexpected ending.

-Jay. <333