Besties Convene

I'mma just put this here...

Kagami's POV (taking place at the school before their fencing practice starts)

"So, you're telling me, I went through the trouble of convincing Nathalie to lie to your mother saying I would train with you, just so I could trick you and Mari into a date together, just for you to go and call her a friend at the end of it?" Adrien asked me.

(oh the irony!)

"Oh yes, Thank you for doing something I never asked you to do. And lying to me and Marinette. And not even giving me time to prepare! What did you want me to do? Just randomly ask her out? I don't even know if she's into girls!"

How does he expect me to do this without being prepared whatsoever? I'd like to see him try a confess to a crush without even knowing if they like guys.

"I thought you never hesitated?"

"Yeah, well, that was when I thought I was straight. This is much different" So very different

"I thought lesbians were known for their speediness in relationships"

Huh? Before I could ask what he meant Alya walked up, interrupting us

"That's only once they actually get together, beforehand they're just a bunch of useless gays who can never tell when something has romantic intent without being explicitly told," she explained

"What are you doing here?" No one else uses the gym after school ends other than the fencing team, so it's odd to see someone else here

"I came to talk to Adrien"

"How much did you hear?" I asked, concerned I may have just outed myself and my crush to someone who I hardly know, let alone Marinette's best friend

"Just lesbian speediness, why? Something juicy happen that I need to know about?" She said, wiggling her eyebrows

"No...I'll see you out there, I'm going to go warm up" I said, turning to Adrien

Thank God Alya didn't hear about my crush on Marinette

Alya's POV

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Adrien asked

"Based on that conversation, my question is already answered. I'm assuming the plan didn't work out as well as we had hoped?"

"Nope, they're still just hopelessly pining and can't admit it to each other"

"We just have to find a way to get them to realize that their feelings are reciprocated." I wonder if locking them in a cage would work, no that's too iconic for me to share...maybe a closet would be more fitting...hm.

"This is going to be impossible. How on Earth are we supposed to get them to realize it? They're so smart, but they're as dense as bricks emotionally it seems. How could they not realize it after spending all afternoon together?" Adrien said, exasperated

I cannot believe that boy...he really doesn't realize the irony in that statement?

"Maybe we could start by getting them to come out to each other?"

At least that way they would both at least know they'd have a shot.

"I thought they already knew. Don't gay people come built-in with a radar for it?"

"Isn't that how you figured Kagami out so quickly?" I could've sworn there was a little bit of fruity in that boy. Maybe I need to work on my journalistic instincts

"I am sorry to say that I am only attracted to women. Otherwise, I would've jumped Luka the second I saw him at the ice rink"

"That is one fine man. Can't believe Mari didn't like him after their date"

"They went on a date? When?"

"You guys went on a double date at the ice rink? How did you not know?"

"I didn't think they were on a date! I just thought she brought someone to hang out with so she didn't feel like a third wheel. Besides how was I supposed to know when neither of them said anything about dating afterwards?"

"You and Kagami went on a date and didn't say anything about dating afterward"

"Yeah well, Kagami was the one who decided to push me towards someone else. I would've asked for a second date, to make up for the Akuma attack that happened during it, but she beat me to the punch."

"And here you are trying to help her get the girl. What a good little himbo you are" I say, lifting my arm up to pat his head

"We're getting off-topic! How are we going to get them to come out to each other?" he said, swatting my hand away

It's unlikely they would do it themselves without any prompting, and it would be wrong to bring it up for them cause it might make them panic about it...if only they could see that neither of them is homophobic...wait!

"What if we all hang out with Juleka and Rose? They get to see how each other reacts to the most adorable sapphic relationship that currently exists. Then they get yearning expressions on their faces that the other will notice and think 'Maybe she's thinking about me'" It's the perfect plan!

"That's oddly specific"

"It's the fanfic writer in me"

"How much have you written about Ladybug and Cat Noir?" he joked

"Why? Ya wanna read it, sunshine?" returning fire

The way his face turned red will forever be my favorite thing. We got a fanboy! Time to tease a little further...

"I'd have to warn you though, most of it is smut"

"I...I'm good, thanks"

Oh my God, he is a straight-up tomato! I can't take it!

"You know I'm joking, right?" I ask before I burst out laughing

"How was I supposed to know that??? It sounds like something you would do!"

Wow, I'm mildly offended

"You just should've. Anyways, find a day that you and Kagami can hang out with us so we can play match-maker"

"Honestly, I think Rose will be better at it than us"

"Oh, yeah, definitely. She'll take one look at their heart eyes and start looking for wedding venues"

"Adrien! Practice is about to start!" the coach called

"I gotta go, I'll try and find a way to get Kagami and I a free day. See you tomorrow"

"Bye-bye sunshine"

Now time to go bother Marinette...or write a new Ladynoir fic

A/N: I'm back bitches! Probably not going to be any sort of consistency when updating this as I'm just now getting some motivation back for it, but I'm hoping to continue beyond this chapter. If I lose motivation again I'll do my best to write a semi-decent ending so that you guys won't have to wait over a year again. I hope you enjoyed this update!