A Lil Gay

Marinette's POV

"GOD, WHAT WAS THAT? It was like she saw right through my soul. How could she tell that I meant to mess up Adrien's suit? Is she psychic or something? Just add that to her many talents"

"Or maybe she's just perceptive? I mean, Chloe did just 'randomly' appear after it happened. She could have just put two and two together" Tikki suggested

"She also suggested that Adrien had feelings for me! I mean, how absurd!"

"Wouldn't that be a good thing if she's right?"

"She said she must've been wrong since the girl he likes has rejected him. Who would reject Adrien?!"

"Kagami did."

"That was after going on a date with him, that's different"

"Well, maybe she's wrong about the rejection thing. She did say he implied it, not directly said it. He could still be referring to you"

"I-I'm not sure if I want him to be"

"WHAT?"

"I've liked him forever, I can hardly speak to him. And I didn't feel the same spark I did when..." Tikki cut me off

"YOU LITERALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM WITH A FLASH OF LIGHTNING. DO YOU NOT APPRECIATE HOW ROMANTIC THAT IS? wHAT MORE OF A 'SPARK' DO YOU NEED?"

"Keep your voice down, it gets squeakier when you yell!"

*hmph*

"As I was saying...I didn't feel the same spark, I've never felt the same spark with him, that I got just from Kagami talking to me"

"YOU LIKE THE... sorry. You like the ice queen?"

"I...think so? I don't know how else I would explain the electricity I felt from her words. Or how her whispering in my ear left me questioning my whole existence. Is that okay?"

"Of course it's okay Marinette! I mean, how fast you tend to fall for people probably isn't. But the fact that one of the people you've fallen for is a girl is totally normal!"

"It's just, it's not always seen that way in today's world Tikki. And I don't even know if she likes girls! Or if she even wants to be my friend! I mean, yeah she said she would want to talk to me later, but what if she just said that to be polite?!"

"Marinette, you're overthinking again"

"And she probably has an even stricter schedule than Adrien does! How am I ever going to be able to see her? She's being homeschooled for now at least like Adrien used to. Then she has a million hours of fencing practice! Why couldn't there be two openings at the fencing class?!!!"

"Because the universe must've known you were going to obsess over a pretty girl and it wanted to save you from being in the same room as her and Adrien at the same time getting all hot and sweaty"

"Tikki!"

"What? It's true, you would just get even more flustered"

"That is not what I thought you meant"

"What did yo...oH! Marinette! You owe me extra cookies for even implying that!"

"You're the one who brought up getting hot and sweaty with pretty people"

"I'm going to hide in the closet that you aren't in until you are done with your pervy thoughts!"

"But I'm not in a... Ha Ha Tikki, very funny"

"I thought so. Now go down and get us some cookies!"

Trying to sneak past my parents always seems so much harder on days right after Akuma attacks. Especially the ones where they know I was near the person akumatized.

"Marinette dear! Will you hold on a moment?"

"Yes, mom?"

"I just wanted to know how you were doing after the premiere. Mr. Astruc said he gave you his ticket so I know you were sitting near Adrien in the front row..." she said with a knowing voice.

"I'm fine. I'm used to the akumas at this point. Plus the movie was able to calm me down a bit afterward."

"Did Adrien happen to help with that at all?" My dad chimed in

"I didn't get distracted by him at all during the movie, thank you very much!"

"We're just teasing dear." mom said

Well it wasn't a total lie, I wasn't distracted by Adrien....because Kagami was right next to him.

"We noticed that Kagami girl you said he was interested in was there. Were you doing okay with that?" mom said

"With K-a-gami? Yeah she's pretty. I mean pretty nice! She's very nice. Nice girl. I could totally be friends with her"

"Even if she ends up dating Adrien?" Dad said

"She said she wasn't interested in him after the Ice rink"

"Speaking of the ice rink. Why didn't you let us meet that boy you went with?" dad said

"Because I didn't want him backing out from the plans after you scare him off by bombarding him with suggestions of taking up baking as a career"

"Oh, I would never do that!" Dad said

"Mhm, so the day of your akumatization doesn't ring any bells?"

"I apologized for that!"

"You locked me up at the top of a giant beanstalk all because Chat Noir didn't like me"

"He made you cry!"

"Doesn't change the fact that he was probably still a bit scared off from you telling him to become a baker"

"I thought you said you weren't actually in love with him?" Mom said

"I wasn't, but he didn't know that. Are we done? I'm kind of tired and want to eat these cookies while finishing up my homework"

"Fine, fine. Go do your homework. Goodnight dear"

"Goodnight"