She looks up at me and instantly there's rage in her brown eyes.

"Do not speak to me," she glares at me before turning back to her phone.

I stuff my backpack under the seat and sit down.

I thought maybe we could be friends if we just pretended like our past didn't happen but obviously she's still pissed even though it's been four years. I've paid for the shit I did, literally and figuratively.

"I really am sorry, Kenz," I say while the rest of the plane boards.

She doesn't respond. She doesn't even move like she heard me, she's completely ignoring me.

"Just let me explain." She's never even given me the chance to explain things from my point of view. And we're about to be trapped on this plane for the next hour and a half so this might be the only chance I get.

"There's nothing for you to explain," she turns to look at me, she's keeping her voice low to not draw attention to us, "You're a liar and a cheater and a selfish person. You don't care about how your actions effect other people."

Fuck it, no better time then now to tell her the truth. She's already hates me so what's there to loose?

"You don't even know the full story," because her parents haven't let me talk to her since the accident. I shift to face her, well as much as I can in these tiny airplane seats.

"What in the world are you talking about?" Her tone is still pointed and annoyed, almost like she thinks I'm lying.

"I tried to come see you after the accident. I tried to come visit you when went home. I tried multiple times a week for four months."

"Oh whatever," she rolls her eyes and turn forward again.

"Even if you don't want to believe me we're probably gonna be around each other a lot because of Summer and Trev so can we at least call a truce?" I ask. She doesn't look like she's listening.

"What exactly do you mean you tried to see me?" Her tone changes from annoyed to curious as she looks over at me.

"Once I was all checked out I tired to come up to your room but your mom wouldn't let me see you." I walked away with a few cuts and bruises. Barely any damage.

Kenzie on the other hand had to have surgery on her right knee and go through a ton of physical therapy. It wasn't fair, I should of been the one who had to go through that. I was the one who fucked up and caused the original fight anyway. Kenzie just got caught in my stupidness.

"What?"

I feel like she just testing me now...

"She just always said you didn't want to see me, or that you were sleeping."

I can see her thinking back, "She never told me you came by."

"She at least gave you the flowers and stuff right?" Her mom wouldn't be that cruel right?

Kenzie's brows push forward as she looks up at me, "Flowers? What in the world are you talking about?"

She looks sad and confused and angry all at once. I feel like shit just like I did back then.

"Yeah I brought you flowers and snacks and stuff. I felt like shit," I run my hand over my buzzed hair, "I still feel like shit for it."

"I didn't know about any of this," she sighs, she almost sounds far away like she's trying to make it make sense as she looks down at her hands.

"Are you sure you just don't remember because of the meds?"

"I barely took anything, I was too nervous too. I've heard way too many horror story about pain meds and addiction," she shakes her head, "I was in more mental pain then physical anyway."

"Your mom really never told you?"

Kenzie just shakes her head, "Guess it doesn't matter anymore. What happened happened and there's no changing it."

Damn. Why would her mom not tell her? It doesn't make sense to me.

KENZIE

What the fuck? What does he mean he came by? I have so many questions for Mom. She's always been protective of me and my sister. They struggled to get pregnant and then were given twins, so I get why she's so protective of us but what he said just sounds crazy, she wouldn't do that.

Whatever, doesn't matter right now. I just wanna sleep. 

I push my headphones into my ears and turn on a playlist full of relaxing music to fall asleep to as the plane takes off.

I'm half asleep when someone taps my arm. I look over at Logan and pull out one of my headphones.

"Do you want a drink?" He asks as the flight attendant stands in the aisle waiting for an answer.

"I'm good," I softly smile at the flight attendant who nods. I put my headphone back in and close my eyes again.

Logan taps my arm again a few minutes later.

"Can you please stop," I quietly groan, not opening my eyes.

He pulls my headphone from my ear.

"Hey!" I quickly look over at him.

"A peace offering," he says gesturing to the extra drink on this tray.

"What did you do to it?" I raise a brow at him.

"Nothing, it's just a plane tequila sprite,"  he explains.

I look down at the little plastic cup, then back up at him.

"Oh c'mon Kenz! Just drink it," Logan sounds annoyed.

"Chill out," I scoff picking it up and taking a sip, "Thank you."

"So why are you headed home?" Logan asks trying to make small talk.

"Just visiting my parents and Macey before practices start up for us, you?" Might as well try to be civil, right? Not like I can run away.

"Uhm, spending a couple days with my family before we head to Nashville for the weekend," he nods taking a sip of his own drink.

"Nashville?" I question. His parents are both from Minnesota, hence why he's a rare site, a hockey player from Arizona. His parents both used to play before they moved out to Goodyear and only two streets away from my own family.

I look over at him, waiting for him to answer.

"The draft is this weekend," he says.

Huh?

"Like the NHL draft," he answers when I don't say anything.

Oh shit.

"Oh my god! Logan, you're kidding!"

Okay I'll be honest, I don't understand hockey. My parents are hardcore football people. And I mean hardcore to the point where they met when Mom was a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader and Dad was one of the team's linebackers. Now Dad coaches a local high school's football team, and Mom is the Arizona Cardinals's cheerleaders head coach.

"I should of been buying you a drink," I chuckle taking a sip of my drink, "So who have you been talking with?"

"Coyotes, Ducks, Lightening, Leafs," he lists off.

"Sounds like you just described a painting," I laugh.

He laughs, shaking his head.

"I'll simplify it. So either I stay in Arizona or head to California, Florida or Canada," he smiles.

He has such a movie star smile. I hate how nice it is. Then paired with his blue eyes and buzzed blonde hair, he's like a freakin Ken doll came to life.

"Where do you wanna go?" I ask.

"I'll just be happy if someone picks me," he sighs.

"They'd be stupid not to," I smile over at him.