𝐴 𝐿𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝐵𝑖𝑡 𝑂𝑓 𝐹𝑙𝑢𝑓𝑓

Hunter gets clingy when he is sick. When he wakes up in the night after the day he got sick, he goes to Darius to ask him if they can snuggle.

----

It was the middle of the night when Hunter opened his eyes and rolled onto his side, groaning.

Waffles fluttered over to him as if to see if he was all right.

He had been sick the day before and even though it was a little better now, he still didn't feel great and now had a slight stomach ache. Nothing he couldn't handle.

But that was probably also the reason why he had woken up.

He rolled back onto his back into the position he had woken up in and closed his eyes. Hunter had noticed over time that he could fall back asleep better if he just lay back in the same position he had slept in before waking up.

Unfortunately, that didn't really help much this time. After about ten minutes he made a frustrated noise and opened his eyes again.

But if he couldn't sleep, he wasn't going to get better. Darius had explained that to him the day before when he had to talk Hunter into finally getting some rest.

So Hunter got up and only noticed when he moved around so much that his pajamas were sticking to his sweaty skin.

Actually, Hunter had only intended to go to the bathroom to splash some water on his face, but then he found himself in front of Darius' bedroom door. Waffles sat on his shoulder and looked at him lovingly.

It was almost as if Hunter's body had taken on a life of its own and decided he needed his dad.

But should he wake Darius for such a little thing? The day before, he had seen a Penstagram post about how there were people who got very clingy when they were sick, and Hunter had realized that he had wanted to go up to Darius all day and hug him as tight as he could and never let him go again. So he was probably what would be considered clingy.

But Hunter had held back. Darius hated germs and Hunter was sick, so he was full of them. He didn't want Darius to be uncomfortable.

But he didn't think he could fall asleep without getting at least a little physical affection.

But wouldn't Darius be disgusted that Hunter was so sweaty? Surely he didn't want to hug him at all or-
Waffles tugged lovingly at one of his light locks of hair, bringing Hunter back to the here and now.

He sighed and quietly opened Darius's bedroom door. He had told Hunter he could always wake him up no matter what, but even then Hunter's heart was always pounding.

Slowly he walked through Darius' much too purple room and bent over his sleeping form. Then he gently shook his shoulder. "Darius?"

Darius slowly opened his eyes and blinked a few times before yawning, "Hey little prince. Is everything okay?" He sat up and looked at Hunter with concern.

Hunter looked down at his hands that he was nervously moving back and forth. Now that he was standing here, he felt pretty stupid. What was he supposed to say now?

"Sweetheart? What's wrong? "Darius asked gently, but Hunter merely shook his head.

"It's not that important, really. I'd better- better get back to sleep. I'm sorry I woke you up. "Hunter mumbled ashamedly, waiting for Darius' answer.

Instead of answering, Darius gently reached out and stroked his hand through Hunter's hair, massaging his scalp.
"Hunter darling, what's wrong? I know you, you wouldn't wake me up if it wasn't important."

Darius just knew him too well. So Hunter sighed and avoided Darius' gaze as he said, "I just- it's a weird question so-"

He stopped and looked over at Darius who smiled at him fatherly. So Hunter swallowed and said, avoiding Darius' gaze again, "I- I wanted to ask if- if we could snuggle?"

"Oh Hunter," Darius said softly, "Of course."

Darius moved over a little so Hunter could lie down next to him. Slowly, he snuggled up next to Darius and rested his head on his chest. Immediately, the soft comforting warmth of his dad enveloped him. Darius pulled him tighter against him and pressed a kiss to his hair.

Gently, he stroked Hunter's head and placed his other arm across his back.

"That's not a weird question sweetheart. "he said so softly that Hunter almost didn't hear it, "Whenever you need it just let me know, will you?"

Hunter nodded and nuzzled his face gently into Darius' neck.

"I love you so much Hunter. "Darius said then and Hunter chuckled a little.

"I love you too dad. So much. "he murmured back.

----

I hope you enjoyed this♡