Chapter 29 - the fancy dancer

- Third POV - 

"Somebody's a little light on her feet! What's your fighting name? The fancy dancer?" Mocks the blind bandit. Before Mizuki can think of a comeback, a rock gets thrown in her direction. Mizuki quickly uses her closed fan to airbend the rock slightly to the left, making it look like as if she either pushed the rock out of her way, or used earthbending. While doing so, Mizuki jumps to the right with the use of airbending. Making the jump a little longer than the average person's jump.

"Where'd you go?" Exclaims the blind bandit annoyed. Mizuki lands on the other side of the arena, and the blind bandit is quick to notice. "There you are!" She quickly earthbends three rocks and launches them at Mizuki. She barely manages to dodge the multiple rocks thrown at her. She only attacks me when I'm on the ground. She seems to be annoyed that I'm light on my feet. Because whenever I'm not on the ground...she can't attack me? How does that work? That makes no sense- Mizuki gets hit by a large rock which throws her a few meters back. She manages to soften the fall with the use of airbending, but can't avoid getting her knees and arms scraped due the impact of the hit.

"Keep your head in the game, not the clouds angel" Smirks the blind bandit while looking down at Mizuki, who's struggling to get up. She brushes her bangs out of her face. Getting hit by a boulder is no joke. Neither is this girl. She's a skilled earthbender, and I shouldn't underestimate her. I need to end this fight right now. Or it might not end well for me. The blind bandit launches a rock towards Mizuki, who jumps up in the air. I must stay in the air, if I don't want her to attack me. Mizuki changes the direction of the rock with the use of airbending and jumps onto the rock. Holding onto it for her dear life.

The blind bandit suddenly feels something approaching as the wind pushes her bangs aside, but isn't able to react fast enough. The rock's impact throws her off her feet. She quickly gets up but isnt able to locate Mizuki, who's still not touching the ground. Mizuki somersaults off the rock and kicks the blind bandit in the stomach. With the use of airbending she strengthens the impact of the kick, causing the blind bandit to fall just outside the arena. The crowd looks at the scene in surprise for a few seconds, before loudly cheering. The blind bandit gets up and walks away from the arena while Mizuki awkwardly stands in the arena, getting congratulated by the host. Aang quickly runs after the blind bandit. I need to speak to her! She has to be my earthbending teacher!

"Please listen! I need an earthbending teacher, and I think it's supposed to be you!" He exclaims as he catches up with the blind bandit.

"Whoever you are, just leave me alone" Replies the blind bandit annoyed while earthbending a doorway. She exits the arena.

"Wait!" Aang reaches out to the girl, but is too late. The blind bandit has already closed the door with the use of her earthbending. Aang sighs frustrated before turning around. How am I going to find my earthbending teacher? And more importantly, how am I going to deal with Mizuki? She's probably mad at me for getting her into trouble. Aang smashes his head against the wall in frustration. Someone help me please, I'm screwed!

❀❀❀

Meanwhile, Mizuki's still standing in the arena, getting congratulated by strangers. Where are Sokka and Katara? I just want to leave...I didn't even want to fight the blind bandit. I just got thrown into the arena...thanks to Aang. Mizuki sighs frustrated as she begins to make her way to the exit of the arena. I'll deal with Aang later. I just want to get out of here. I'm tired of thanking people I don't know for congratulating me. I shouldn't stick around for too long. What if someone noticed I was airbending? Would they attack me for cheating? Or would they capture me and send me to the Fire Nation for being an airbender?

"That's my girl! Way to go!" Shouts Sokka loudly, causing Mizuki to turn around.

"You did it! You took revenge for the boulder!!" Exclaims Sokka enthusiastically as he embraces Mizuki tightly. Katara joins the hug and ruffles Mizuki's hair.

"You did well" Grins Katara.

"Thankyou, thankyou" Smiles Mizuki. "Now, let's get out of here" She says as the three make their way out of the arena.

"Are those fans yours? Either way, it was a really smart idea to cover up your airbending with them" Points out Katara, causing Mizuki to sweatdrop.

"Oh god, I completely forgot. I need to return these. You guys go find Aang, I'll catch up later!" Exclaims Mizuki embarrassed. "Take this" Mizuki hands over the belt she had won earlier before running back into the arena.

"Uh, let's just get Aang and go back to our camp. I'm sure Appa will be happy to see us" Suggests Katara, who's slightly confused on why Mizuki just ran away.

"What about Mimi?" Asks Sokka as he looks back at the arena.

"She said she'll catch up later with us. I'm sure she'll be fine" Reassures Katara. I mean, it's Mizuki we're talking about here. She's the most skilled waterbender I've ever met. I'm sure that girl could take on a whole army.

❀❀❀

Mizuki's searching for the girl who's fans she had stolen in the crowd. Where is she? She had brown hair, green eyes and green clothes. It was pretty obvious she was from the Earth kingdom. Now that I think about it, she was very pretty. Mizuki looks around in the hopes to find the girl. Suddenly, she notices the girl walking towards the exit of the arena. Mizuki runs after her, using her airbending to increase her speed.

"Wait!" Shouts Mizuki, causing the girl to turn around. Mizuki walks towards the girl, and gives her fans back. "Sorry...sorry for taking your fans without your permission" Huffs Mizuki, who's out of breath from running through the whole arena.

"Oh, uhm. It's okay" Reassures the girl.

"Are you sure? Let me make it up for you-" Mizuki gets cut off by the girl.

"It's fine. I forgive you for 'stealing' my fans. You looked really cool in the arena by the way" Grins the girl while Mizuki sighs in relief.

"Thankyou" Blushes Mizuki, who's still embarrassed about her reckless actions from earlier, but also flattered by this girl complimenting her.

"I'm Jin, it's nice to meet you" Says the girl as she shakes Mizuki's hand.

"My friends call me Mimi" Replies Mizuki.

"So does that mean I'm your friend now?" Chuckles Jin while Mizuki begins to smile. This girl...I like her. She seems very kind.

"Are you perhaps free tonight?" Asks Mizuki, causing Jin to blink surprised.

"Well, I don't have any plans for tonight" She answers. "Why? are you trying to take me out on a date?" Says Jin in a playful manner.

"Maybe, I was thinking I could buy you some dinner with the money I won from the Earth Rumble" Suggests Mizuki confidently while placing her hand on her hip. "I mean, after all, I won the competition thanks to your fans" She says while pointing at Jin's fans.

"Sure, as long as you don't steal anything from the restaurant" Jokes Jin while Mizuki frowns.

"Hey! I'm not a thief- I simply borrowed your fans. I gave them back, didn't I?" Mizuki and Jin laugh as they start making their way to a nearby restaurant.

To be continued

Word count: 1.286