Chapter 28 - The blind bandit

- Third POV - 

Momo hides in Sokka's bag out of fear as the Boulder fires three rocks. They crash into The Hippo, but he does not move. He catches one piece of rock with his mouth, chews on it and spits it out. The Hippo jumps up and down, causing the surface of the arena to tilt. The Boulder hereby loses his balance.

"Unbelievable, ladies and gentlemen! The Hippo is rocking the boat!" Exclaims the host! The Boulder reaches the edge, but saves himself by bending out part of the ring into a small platform. He grabs it and throws it at his opponent, hitting him on the back. As The Hippo turns around to look at him, The Boulder bends up the Hippo's part of the ring, and throws him out on it. The Hippo crashes in the lower area of around the arena. The fight ends thus in the boulder's favor.

"The Boulder wins!" Shouts the host as the crowd cheers.

"How about The Boulder? He's got some good moves" Suggests Katara.

"I don't know. Bumi said I need a teacher who listens to the earth. He's just listening to his big muscles. What do you think Mimi?" Says Aang.

"I agree with Bumi" Replies Mizuki while Sokka cheers loudly for the Boulder.

"Next match...The Boulder versus Fire Nation Man!" Continues the host. The crowd boos at the Fire Nation Man who is making his way over to the arena, still waving his nation's flag, on a makeshift earthen bridge, which crumbles away behind him. Sokka, who loudly boos the fighter as well, gives him a thumbs down.

"Please, to rise for Fire Nation national anthem!" Shouts the man as he puts his left hand over his heart and begins to sing. "Fire Lord, my flame burns, for thee!" The crowd boos at him again while bombarding him with pieces of rock, much to his surprise.

"Go back to the Fire Nation!"

❀❀❀

A few rounds later, The Boulder still isn't defeated.

"Now, the moment you've all been waiting for. The Boulder versus your champion...the Blind Bandit!" As the host is speaking, a young girl enters the arena and raises her championship belt above her head, under loud cheering of the crowd.

"She can't really be blind. It's just part of her character, right?" Says Katara, who's looking at the girl skeptically.

"I think she is" Replies Aang as he looks at the girl's eyes.

"I think she is...GOING DOWN!" Shouts Sokka enthusiastically.

"The Boulder feels conflicted about fighting a young blind girl" Exclaims The Boulder as soon as he realizes that the young girl will be his next opponent.

"Sounds to me like you're scared, Boulder!" Mocks the girl as she points at The Boulder, who is too stunned to speak.

"The Boulder's over his conflicted feelings, and now he's ready to bury you in a rock-alanche!" Replies the man angrily, narrowing his eyes.

"Whenever you're ready, The Pebble!" Chuckles the girl confidently. Upon hearing the girl laugh, Aang has a flashback from the swamp where he saw the girl in white and the flying boar. He remembers her laugh, which is the same as that of the Bandit. Aang's eyes widen out of shock as he realizes this.

"It's on!" Shouts The Boulder before yelling and approaching the blind bandit. The girl stands still, her bare feet feeling the vibrations of The Boulder's walking. She moves forwards, opening her arms as soon as she registers the shock wave indicating the movement of her opponent. The blind bandit swings her right foot in an arc towards the ground. As she strikes the ground, she creates a shock wave in the arena's floor that churns up the ground in the direction of The Boulder in a straight line.