Chapter Nine

Y/N woke up to her alarm, and she turned to the side, cuddling up to the hard chest next to her.
Her eyes snapped open before she looked up and saw Chat, still asleep. She looked around, the sun had yet to rise, but the sky was already turning to a lighter hue.
"Chat," Y/N called softly, shaking him slightly.
Chat mumbled some incoherent words and held Y/N's waist tighter.
"Chat, c'mon, the sun is about to rise."
Chat sat up as he rubbed his eyes, before he looked at Y/N, pressing a kiss to her head, "Morning, darling."
Y/N smiled as Chat stood up, and pulled Y/N up again, with one arm around her waist, and the other pulling her arm over his shoulder.
He helped her to the railing and stood face-to-face with her.
"You know, this is such a special moment," Chat said as he turned slowly so that both of them could watch the sunrise.
Chat kissed Y/N's cheek and then the top of her head as they watched the sun rise between the buildings.
"Please be my girlfriend," Chat whispered and Y/N turned to him with a bright smile.
"I like the sound of that." Y/N said as she cuddled up to Chat. "I like the idea of being your girlfriend."
Chat grabbed Y/N's chin gently and lifted her face, pressing their lips together.
They smiled at each other brightly, before Chat sighed, "I wished we could stay here forever."
Y/N leaned her head against Chat's chest, "Me too, but we have to go honey."
Chat quickly put everything back in his basket and handed Y/N the basket before picking her up.
"Let me take you home, darling."

(...)

Y/N was hopping around like an over-energetic toy bunny, and Adrien never thought he'd find such a sight to be so adorable, and yet here he was.
Y/N had tripped and nearly fallen probably a dozen times since lunch break started, but she was telling Adrien everything that had happened last night, and she needed to let that energy out before she combusted into rainbows and flying kittens.
"Y/N," Adrien began softly, reaching for the girl, "How about you sit down? If you keep jumping around like that you'll hurt yourself."
Y/N shot him a cocky smile, "Already did, genius." She gestured to her crutches and bandaged foot, "Remember? I hurt myself in PE? A week in crutches? Do you seriously not remember texting me last night?"
"Careful there, Mrs. Noir," Adrien whispered, doing his best to contain the smile from spreading, "You can't outrun me in crutches and I may not be enjoying getting teased like that,"
Y/N blushed at the nickname and Adrien rejoiced at the sight, which was quickly becoming one of his favorites in the world.
Y/N sighed dramatically, sitting down again and reaching for her water bottle.
"Keep it down," she hissed, "You're the only one who knows, I'm trusting you."

Adrien felt guilty all of a sudden.

Not only was Y/N trusting him as Adrien by telling him every detail of her and Chat's relationship, but she was also trusting him as Chat, letting him be her boyfriend and visit her in her room every night.
He knew it was only for her safety, but he was worried. He worried she'd find out on her own and be mad, or that if he was the one to reveal everything she'd be even madder.
Adrien was going around in a carousel of confusing and maddening thoughts, a carousel with no brakes. There was no stopping now.
"Adrien?" Y/N called softly, jerking his arm. He jumped slightly, focusing back on the girl in front of him. "Are you okay?"
Adrien plastered back the best smile on his face, but something told him Y/N could see right through it. "I just got lost in my thoughts, but I'm okay."
Y/N rose an eyebrow, before chuckling, "Do you think I don't know you well enough to call you out on your bullshit? C'mon Agreste, we're past that."

"Past what?"
The two looked up to see their friends joining them. Y/N gave Adrien a look that told him she wasn't letting this go so easily, but she was backing down for now.
"Agreste thinks he can give me some bullshit answer and I won't see right through them."
"He tends to do that." Nino piped up as he draped an arm over Alya's legs. "He forgets that we taught him how to read people."
It was true. Back when Adrien started attending school, almost 4 years ago, he'd been like an alien watching human interaction. He'd come a long way since, but it was all thanks to his friends.
"That and he is a terrible liar." Marinette piped up from beside Luka and Adrien gave her a mocking glare.
"Are you guys really ganging up on me?"
"Don't think of it as ganging up on you," Alya began with a laugh, "Think of it as us being good friends and showing how much we care."
Adrien rolled his eyes with a laugh, before looking at his watch. "C'mon Hoppy, we need to stop by the library to get that damned book for the project."
Y/N let her head fall to the table as Adrien gathered his bag and hers.
"Call me that again and you'll regret it once I can run again."
Adrien laughed loudly as they waved at their friends, promising to see each other in French Literature class, "The Flash could lend you his powers and you still wouldn't be able to catch me, Hoppy."
Y/N huffed, "You just wait and we'll see."
"Bring it on." Adrien said, leaning down to whisper in Y/N's ear. "Hoppy."
Y/N froze at the familiar sensation she couldn't quite place.
She looked at Adrien. They'd never been in a similar situation, but this felt weirdly familiar, it felt as if she was finishing a puzzle and found pieces she never even realized were missing.
But what puzzle was she completing?

Adrien noticed Y/N freezing and his breathing stopped for what seemed like an eternity. He had felt the familiarity as well, but he knew why it was familiar and at this moment he was praying she wouldn't figure it out.
"You okay, Peter the Rabbit?"
Y/N looked at Adrien, shaking her head slightly. She was probably paranoid and still delusional from the anti-inflammatory the hospital had given her.
"Peter the rabbit? Really?" She asked as they resumed their way to the library, "Are you just going to call me every cartoon rabbit's name?"
Adrien laughed, "I might start looking them up for more creative nicknames."
Y/N huffed in fake annoyance, "If that's how you want to play, suit yourself pretty boy."