she will always be the one

(Asif's pov)

After checking the very important message I had, I went back to rahma's room but found her still unconscious.

I needed someone to talk to right now so I decided to wait for my mom to come back.

I was thirsty so I decided to go downstairs and check the fridge for something to drink.

I came across the living room and saw Aleena and Isham seated together discussing something that seemed private, I just smiled at at the sight and went into the kitchen.

After taking a glass of orange juice, I went towards my mother's room and decided to wait for her there.

I laid on her bed, facing the white ceiling while thinking about what the future held, is there more to come?, More challenges and obstacles?, Although I knew the answer a part of me pretended that everything will be okay and the future will be perfectly fine.

But if only I knew.

Soon I found myself getting more relaxed at the feeling of familiar soft mattras in contact with my skin, my muscles relaxed and my brain ordered my body to take a rest, from today and everything else that has been happening, so I shut my eyes and drowned in the darkness.

I woke up when I felt far too familiar fingers stroking my hair and gently massaging it, it felt peaceful and homely and I knew my mother was seated on the bed with my head was on her laps.

As if sensing that I woke up due to my sudden movements she gently said.

"Ya Habibi what has been troubling this son of mine?" She asked in her gentle voice which is so far the most melodious voice I've heard in my life.

"Ummi, I'm scared and tired." I said not hiding the vulnerability in my tone.

"What makes you scared hayati?" She asked and I couldn't help but smile at the lovely names she kept using on me.

"Of the future ummi, why do I feel like things are starting to drift apart even when nothing has happened, she's not the first girl I've liked but she's the first girl I love for the sake of Allah and whenever I look into her eyes I see how broken she is and I want to heal her, I want to close those open scars and by Allah it hurts wallah, to see someone that you love so much always look broken in a way." I said.

"Do you pity her or love her." My mom asked.

"I love her ummi, she's a warrior who has survived years of abuse and the abuse never ends but she still stands strong, so I admire her and love her" I said without hesitation.

"Ya azizim can you see her being your wife in this dunya?" She asked calmly.

I slowly turned my head to face my mother as I laid on her lap.

"Ummi," I called out to her calmly
"I'm not sure if Allah has written our faith as souls that are destined together but inshaAllah I know that if Allah wills it then in Akira it'll be rahma's hands that I'll hold onto as we step into jannat, as I said I'm not sure about this Dunya but I'll choose her over and over and over again in this Dunya and in Akira inshaAllah she'll still be the one." I said meaning every word.

My mom looked at me with a very sweet and caring smile which warmed my heart and gave me assurance of happiness.

"I can't tell you that it'll be okay, or that it'll be easy Habibi but I'll tell you this, Allah is the best of all planners and if things don't turn out to be bright, then remember that your lord has a reason for making things happen but I pray that Allah makes it easy for you both, I pray that our creator and peace provider makes her love you as much as you love her and may Your love strengthen your Iman and May she be the right choice from Allah." My mom said and I smiled again at how supporting she is.