Chapter Two Hundred and Eighteen, Part One

Start from the beginning

"Maybe not, considering you were the snitch that tried to basically close down his firehouse." Clarke gulped as he heard Matt say that. "Yeah, not my proudest moment. Sorry about that." Matt agreed with Clarke as he said that. "Just be glad that you redeemed yourself by saving some lives, and that Kelly's okay with you joining." Jeff agreed with Matt as he said that, smiling at him. "And is Natalie okay with me joining? Or did you not talk to her about it?" Matt was confused as he heard Jeff say that,  unsure as to why he would need to ask Natalie. "Why would I have to ask Natalie?" Jeff laughed. "We dated in the past." Matt sighed. "Well, you're going to have to learn to listen to her; because she's going to be your boss, and that means that you listen to her." Clarke agreed with Matt as he said that, well aware that was the case. "I promise, I'm going to do just that. And I am going to listen to my higher ups, because I have done that before." Matt agreed with Clarke as he said that. "Especially when you were in the military, which is why you're helping with PTSD."

Clarke agreed with Matt as he said that, before taking a breath. "Sorry about you getting diagnosed with that by the way, because I hate that some firefighters deal with it. I expected myself to get it, because I'm former military. But for firefighters to get it, it's bad." Matt sighed. "But I have a lot more behind my PTSD, because there are some things that I am not going to share over the phone; not that I really want to share it with just anybody, because it's hard." Clarke agreed with Matt as he said that. "Of course, and I promise that we're going to do some good work together. Now, when do you need me there?" Matt smirked. "As soon as possible. Let me know when you're moving, and I'll help pay for the stuff you need to ship." Clarke was shocked as he heard Matt say that. "Really?" Matt agreed. "I want you to be here as soon as possible, so that we can hit the ground running. Because 2020 is our year to get up and running." Clarke agreed with Matt as he said that, well aware that was the case. "Now, am I to be all formal with you?"

Matt laughed. "No, you don't. I already told people of my rules. If we know each other from Chicago, it's Matt. If you don't know me from Chicago, it's Mr. Casey." Clarke agreed with Matt as he said that, glad that was the case. "Well, I am glad that you are doing what you're doing for firefighters and police officers; along with military veterans, who are definitely going to benefit from this. Now listen, I am going to let you go so that I can get back to work. I'll quit this week, and then I'll come down after Christmas if that's okay?" Matt agreed with Clarke as he said that, because he likes that idea. "I think I can work with that schedule, spend Christmas with your family Clarke." Clarke agreed with Matt as he said that, smiling. "Me and Lisa are actually back together, so we need to find a place down there." Matt agreed with Clarke. "Okay, well I can't wait to see you guys again. Talk to you soon Clarke." Clarke agreed with his new boss as he said that. "Say hi to Severide for me." Matt agreed with him, before going ahead with hanging up.

After which, he heard Gabby's voice. "Did you tell Severide that you hired someone for Casey Fire without consulting him?"

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Walking over to Matt after letting him know what she's downstairs (and awake) by speaking to him, Gabby smiled as she got ready to sit in his lap and cuddle up to him this morning; after all, he owes her something. More specifically, he owes her a kiss; a kiss that she should've gotten while he was still upstairs...and in bed with her. Moving to sit down in his lap as soon as she was with him, Gabby smiled as she wrapped her arm around his shoulders; at the same time, Matt but his hand on her leg and just smiled as he turned his head and looked at the woman he loves. After which, he smiled as he leaned in and just started to take things nice and slow with the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world. After with, Gabby moved her hand to his face and stroked his cheek with her thumb; after which, she pulled away from the kiss before leaning her forehead against his. At the same time, she moved one of her hands to the back of his head; at the same time, she also moved her other hand to his chest. And let's just say that she was happy.

And so was Matt, as he moved his hand to her arm. Stroking her arm with his thumb, Matt smiled due to the fact that this is exactly what he wants to do right now; well, this, and sharing another kiss with the woman he loves. "So, you ended up doing some business while I slept in bed?" Matt sighed as he slipped back onto the couch and cuddled up to the woman he loves. At the same time, Gabby curled her legs up next to his as she cuddled up to him; moving his hand to her leg again, Matt smiled as he stroked it with his thumb as they are both really happy with each other. Moving his hand up her back, Matt smiled as he turned his head and kissed her shoulder softly. "Comfortable?" Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, before running her finger down his cheekbone. "I would be comfortable if my husband were in bed with me. I mean, this does mean that you can touch me as I'm wearing my underwear and your shirt." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, before smiling as he felt Gabby lay her head down on his shoulder.

After which, Matt moved his hand to her back and smiled as he stroked it with his thumb; turning his head, Matt smiled as he looked up into Gabby's eyes. After which, Gabby grabbed the back of his head and stroked the side of his head. "So, you decided to do a bit of work while I slept in?" Matt agreed with Gabby as she asked him that. "Yeah, are you  mad?" Gabby shook her head, before leaning in and kissing him again. "No, because I understand. And I can forgive you because you gave me an amazing anniversary yesterday." Matt smiled as he heard Gabby say that, before moving his hand up her back. "Well, I'm glad that you liked it, because that was something that I wanted more than anything. I wanted you to enjoy our anniversary, and I want you to enjoy today too; because I want to keep celebrating today." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, smirking as that was something that she wanted as well; after all, it means that she and Matt are going to be intimate with each other. "I want to be intimate with you." Matt agreed with Gabby.

"Can we actually talk about that quick Gabby? Because you told me yesterday that it hurts at times when I make love to you, and that worries me." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, well aware that was the case. After which, she put her hand on his cheek and stroked it with her thumb; leaning in, Gabby started to take things nice and slow with the man she loves. But before things got too heated, Gabby moved her hand to his neck again; after which, she leaned her forehead against his as they both held each other close. "Listen, how about this? Maybe you can make me some breakfast? Meanwhile, I'll go lay down in bed. But when you come join me in bed, I want you in boxers; because today, I want to spend the day in bed with you." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, as he feels the same way; he wants to hold the woman he loves in bed, and he wants to cuddle up to her all day. "That's exactly what I want to do today: I want to hold you in bed, as we both cuddle up to each other and take it easy." Gabby smirked as she heard that.

After which, she moved her hand to the side of his face; after which, she bent down and kiss his cheek. After which, she started to kiss his neck softly. Sucking on it for her husband, Gabby smirked as she knew that this is what he wanted. And that was even more true as she sucked on his neck because that was something that he loved the feeling of. "Listen, how about you go back to bed? And I'll make breakfast, before coming upstairs to join you." Gabby shook her head. "Let's eat out here first. After all, that would mean that you don't need to leave bed after we have food." Matt smirked as he heard Gabby say that, as he loves that idea; after which, she leaned in and proceeded to kiss him softly. "I'm going to stay out here with Andy, how about you go put your laptop away and strip down for me; because that's what I want today, I want you in your boxers as we both hold each other close." Matt agreed with Gabby. "How about you go sit down in the living room? I want to be able to see you." Gabby smirked, agreeing with her husband.

After which, she proceeded to get up and looked at the man she loves; after which, she grabbed his hand and helped him up. At the same time, Matt went ahead and grabbed his iPad so that he can make his way inside with the woman he loves; but first, he needs to get Andy to join them inside. "Andy, c'mon boy. Let's go inside." Barking, Andy agreed as he got up so that they can all go inside.