68

"We have decided that since the case and Jury needs six months to sign the paper for Mr Smith to be Miss Nott's guardian and Miss Nott is turning eighteen in five months. Mr Smith will not be the legal guardian to Miss Nott." It feels like the moment stops for a second, people are cheering, and I sit there, feeling alone yet so much in public. Im free; he won't take me away from everyone. He won't ever see me again. I look to my left, seeing him sitting there disappointedly.

"This could have all worked out; we could have been a family." I look back at my friends and family, who are all celebrating the win.

"Thanks, but I already have my family." I walk up to thank the Judge before running back to my friends, Mattheo being the first one to lift me up in his arms.

"I'm so so proud of you," he leans down and brings our lips together, and I smile into the kiss.

"Thank you," I wipe away the tears on my cheek, and he smiles.

"God damn, you were so strong up there. I am so proud of you," Sophie says while crying before pulling me into a hug.

"I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you so much." She holds me close to her.

"I will always be by your side, especially when someone tries to take you away from me." I chuckle a little before hugging Draco.

"Proud of you, girly," he messes my hair, and I try to look annoyed.

"Thanks, monkey," he smiles.

"Out of the way," Theo's voice makes me smile as he holds me close to him the next second.

"Fucking hell, you are the strongest, most amazing person I know. I am so proud of you, Gracie; you have no idea." He leaves so many kisses on my cheek and head, and I start laughing.

"Thank you, Theo. I love you." He only smiles, staring at me.

"I love you so so much; you have no idea."

"Oh honey, come here." Miss does not hug me like she wouldn't let me go, which she doesn't have to anymore.

"Thank you for what you said." She only smiles, kissing me on the cheek before letting Mr Nott hug me.

"We wouldn't let you leave us if they forced us to let you go. You are our family, Gracie; you are one of us." I try holding back my tears, but it's impossible now, and everyone is crying.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt this moment," a girl's voice says as I look to my right. A girl with brunette hair forces a smile, and I feel Mattheo hold me closer to him.

"You are Selena, arent you?" She nods a little.

"I wanted to thank you for what you did up there. I know the text wasn't enough to prove that we were telling the truth, yet you helped us. Thank you," she plays with her fingers, and I look at my friends, who all stay quiet.

"Will you be safe?" She shrugs,

"I hope so. The Jury will protect us until the hearing, and if we win it, he will go to jail." I wish he had ended up in Azkaban at this point.

"Well, I just wanted to thank you. From me and my family." She is about to leave, and my heart aches; I need to do something.

"Hey, wait." She turns back around, facing me with confused eyes. I look at Mattheo, who stares at me, confused.

"We were all planning on going to this restaurant to celebrate the win. If you wanted, It would be an honour to have you and your family there...." She stays quiet, looking back at her family and then at mine.