36

"Why is there such a weird tension in this room?" Draco asks, lying on one of the couches with Sophie in his lap. I stare at the couple, him playing with her hair and she smiling even though I know she's trying to hide it. I love them. I've never seen Sophie this happy, and I couldn't be happier for them.

"Hey bubs, you okay?" Sophie gives me a faint smile, and I nod.

"Never better," she frowns but looks up at Draco, not minding asking me again. Mattheo looks at me from the other couch where I sit with Theo. He knows something is up since I have acted weirdly around him after that one comment.

"I can't believe it's my birthday in like 8 days." I look down at my nails, and Theo smiles.

"It's going to be a hella good birthday. That's a promise. You are allowed to apparate now." I shrug. Of course, I'm excited to party and celebrate my birthday, but I'm pretty scared of growing up.

"Gracie, can we talk?" Mattheo asks, and I look over at him for the first time today.

"Sure?" I get up from the couch, and he leads me towards his dorm.

"I'm sorry for my behaviour the other day... I don't care who you have been with before, or of course, I care because the thought of it makes me mad. But I was just scared you lied to me, and I really don't want it to be any lies between us." I suck in my lip, meeting his gaze before forcing a smile.

"I get it. I wouldn't want you to lie or act strange if I asked you if you had slept or hooked up with someone. But when I tell you I've never been with someone, it's the truth. There's stuff that's happened... And I will tell you, just not right now." He frowns.

"Stuff? What kind of stuff?"

I shake my head. "Just give me time, okay? I need time." He leans his hand over mine.

"Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?" A deep sigh leaves my mouth, and it feels like someone's pushing my breast.

"Matt, I can't. Not right now. But one day... I promise. I'm okay, and I'm safe, and I like you." A faint smile takes place on his lips.

"You like me, huh?" I nod, smiling.

"Yeah, you're ok sometimes." He pulls me closer to me before leaning down to kiss my lips, and I melt into it. One day I will tell him, just not today.

_________
Sophie - Gracie

Sophie🫠💋
Sup b

Gracie
Hi mommy

Sophie🫠💋
How's my favourite person in the whole wide world?

Gracie
I'm good babe
How's mine?

Sophie🫠💋
Idk ask Theo🫶

Gracie
Ily bitch
Hey, you and Draco are the new IT

Sophie🫠💋
The clown?
huh...
I thought we were cute
Not jumpscare

Gracie
Couple***

Sophie🫠💋
Makes more sense yeah
I love u and Mattheo
You're cute
And I love your adorable little red cheeks when you're around him

Gracie
I don't have red cheeks around him
It's just cold

Sophie🫠💋
Oh look your nose is getting longer
Uh uh
No lies