63

We are all sitting in the common room. It's awfully quiet and cold here since the fall has taken over the castle. My friends are all on their phones beside me. Every time I go on my phone, I think about Selena. I can't stop thinking that there is a girl out there who might be in trouble, a girl that might be my half-sister. Sophie looks up at me from her phone,

"Are you okay there, babe?" The guys now look up at Sophie and then at me. Draco's eyes are glued to me. He knows. He knows something my best friend and boyfriend dont. And he is also threatening me to tell them if I dont block Selena, which I can't.

"Me? I'm perfect," Mattheo raises his brows.

"Why are you staring at the wall instead of being on your phone?" Soph puts her phone down, and I shrug.

"It's not like I have much to do on my phone. I dont have any friends besides you guys, which I dont care about. And everything else is boring." Matt puts his phone down and pulls me closer to him.

"Tell me about your day," I smile a little.

"Sorry to interrupt your love moment, but I need to talk to my best friend." Sophie grabs my hand, pulling me away from the guys and into our dorm.

"Soph, what is-"

"I need to confess something." I frown a little, taking a step back.

"Okay? What's wrong."

"I was on Draco's phone the other day to find a picture he took. And I saw your conversation. I need you to tell me what is going on." the air leaves my lungs as she stares at me with disappointment.

"Why didn't you tell me? You could talk to Draco about it but not me? Does Matt know about this?" I shake my head slowly.

"Draco and I were texting while she texted me. I want to tell you, Soph, but you would stop me. And right now, I dont know what to do."

"I know; you are blocking that number and going to court." I shake my head.

"Sophie... This girl can be in problem."

"Perfect, then the court can handle that. You are not getting in danger because of some girl." I bite my lip, just about to answer her, when the door opens. "Hey? What's going on?" Mattheo walks up to us, and Draco enters the room only a few seconds later. "Guys, can you leave for a-"

"No, stay; tell them what's happening. No, wait, Draco already knows." Sophie stares at her boyfriend, who looks nervous.

"What are you talking about?" I sit down on my bed, looking up at them.

"Gracie has been talking to her half-sister. Who warned her about her father trying to win her back." Matt looks at me, his eyes looking confused.

"Is this true, Gracie?" I nod a little.

"But you dont understand-"

"We dont understand? This man left you, Gracie. Why does he need you to know?"

"For money, and I know it sounds weird, but this is children we are talking about."

"You know who else is a child? You. And you can't fix others' problems, Gracie. It could put you in danger. What if he takes you away from us?" I suck in my lip, staring at my friends.

"He can't do that."

"Say that when I'm sitting here while my girlfriend is on a flight to America in a few months because she thought fixing others' problems was the only option." I look down, not wanting to face their disappointed faces.

"Gracie, I can't let you do this. I can't lose my best friend; I'm sorry." Sophie sits down beside me. "I dont understand. How can someone do this to their child? I'm a fucking child who lost their mother, and now he wants to use me to take her money?" Matt shakes his head.