"Nothing too thrilling, to be honest," I admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of my neck with a bashful smile.

"A stranger fell asleep in my arms for a couple of hours. And let me tell you, she is drop-dead gorgeous," I confessed, my voice tinged with shyness.

"You're kidding!" Alice shrieked, causing me to cover my ears in a futile attempt to block out the noise.

But of course, she didn't notice. She never does.

"We exchanged numbers and agreed to meet up sometime this week."

"So you finally made a new friend?" Alice teased, a mischievous smirk playing on her lips.

"Finally!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands excitedly. "Just don't ghost this new person, okay? You have a bad habit of disappearing on people."

"Why would I ghost a friend?" I shot her a mock glare. "Don't worry."

She feigned innocence, wiggling her eyebrows playfully. "Well, this new girl isn't exactly a friend you can ghost. So, if I were you, I'd stop being a coward with attachment issues." With a playful wink, she added, "Just some friendly advice."

"I'll take that into consideration," I replied, playfully glaring back at her before refocusing my attention on the document displayed on my screen.

Alice snorted and rolled her eyes, her playful nature on full display.

---

The day had been an absolute marathon, leaving me feeling drained to the core. It was already 5 PM, a full two hours after my shift had officially ended. Ugh, I really had overdone it again. As I wearily unlocked my locker to gather my things, my instinct was to check my phone for any messages. And there it was, a message from her.

Jennie: Let's meet up later?

Me: Just got off work. Where should we meet?

Jennie: How about the park near my place? It'll be deserted today since the weather's cooling down. Let's meet at Park (xxxxx).

Me: Sounds good :) It's just a short walk from my workplace. See you in a few minutes.

A wide grin crept across my face as I slipped my phone into my pocket. After locking my locker one final time, I strolled towards the elevator, my hands nestled in my pockets.

The walk to the park was a relatively peaceful one, until I reached my destination. I spotted Jennie standing at the entrance, eagerly awaiting my arrival. As I caught up to her, her bright eyes gleamed with excitement, though she still seemed somewhat worn out, as if sleep had eluded her.

Returning her smile, I joined her side and we set off in search of an empty bench. The cool breeze ruffled our hair, sending delightful shivers down our spines. Her black jeans perfectly matched the gray sweater and black sneakers she wore. As if she could feel my gaze upon her, she turned her head, flashing me a small smile.

We sat in silence for a moment before she turned to me and asked, "So, how is it working at your company?" Her voice was gentle, as if she was treading carefully.

I shrugged nonchalantly. "It's actually pretty good most of the time, despite the constant stress and exhaustion." My response was genuine, and she nodded as if she understood all too well.

"What about you, Jennie?" I asked after a long pause, breaking the silence.

"What about me? It's okay, I suppose," she replied, her voice tinged with a touch of melancholy. "I own a few businesses here in Korea, mostly coffee shops, but also some clothing stores and restaurants. Even though I've never worked for someone else before, I can still relate to feeling utterly exhausted at the end of a long day and just wanting some quality rest." Her last words were whispered, conveying a hint of sadness.

I stared at her intently, waiting for any sign to continue, but she simply returned my gaze, saying nothing more. We sat in silence, enveloped in a comfortable atmosphere, while taking in the view before us.

After what felt like an eternity, I finally spoke up. "Thank you for sharing that with me, Jennie," I murmured softly. She smiled at me, a faint smirk playing on her lips.

"Well, I actually wanted to talk to you about my proposition, Y/N," she explained. I nodded, urging her to continue. "I want you to quit your job and come work for me instead."

Confusion swept across my face like a tidal wave. I never saw that coming. "Are you sure you want me? Are you sure you're okay with having just some random employee working for you?" I couldn't help but ask.

She let out a soft chuckle at my question, her gummy smile perfectly complementing her feline eyes. "Not just in any of my businesses. I want you to work for me personally," she stated with utter seriousness.

The sincerity and determination in her voice sent my heart into a frenzy. Was she for real? "You want me to work for you?" I repeated her words, my nerves starting to take hold.

She nodded, her gaze locked on mine. "But what kind of work, specifically?" I wondered aloud.

A mischievous glint danced in her eyes as she spoke with absolute certainty, "You just have to sleep with me."