38 | A Little Baby Girl

Start from the beginning

"You're not my boyfriend anymore Taehyung. You don't have to celebrate my birthday with me." He wanted to let him off the hook.

"But, I want to. You're the future mother of my child. I'll buy you a gift from the baby. Wouldn't that be cute?"

"Serious talk. You high-key want this baby don't you?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't want to upset you, but yes. I want it with everything in me. Just like I still want you."

Jungkook looked at his computer and pretended to do something important.

"But, back to your birthday. I know we're not dating anymore. But we can do something as friends. I can still be your friend right?" He asked.

"Were you being my friend last night?" He asked.

"I believe so, yeah," he answered.

"The text messages you sent me last night- you consider them friendly?"

"I consider them very friendly. You had a need and I, your friend helped you out. It's the same as if you needed to move to a new apartment. I'd help you move," he smiled, looking up from his computer.

"You're full of shit Kim." He laughed. "But don't think that last night will happen again. I won't be answering texts tonight."

Tae just looked at him with a pout.

"And don't try to act cute and sad either. I'm on to you. You're a fucking swindler and hustler."

"Well, my friend, how's the nausea now? Feeling any better. This swindler wants to know." He smiled.

Their back and forth got interrupted when Jungkook got a phone call. It was just his dad.

"Hey, Dad." He answered. He had him on speakerphone.

"Hey. Just wanted to let you know I'll be out of the office for a few hours. So will the receptionist. If you need anything from me or my office, please let Jimin consult with Marianne, per usual," Seojun directed.

"Oh, ok. I shouldn't need you. I believe all contracts are signed on my end. Gillian took care of them last week."

"Good to hear. I'll be back this afternoon. Goodbye."

"So, that was Mr. Joel?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes. He's heading to some meeting or another.

"You guys work well together. I didn't know that he usually called you when he'd go out of the office?"

"He does when I'm not allowed to call his personal cell while he's out. That's his way of saying 'forget my number for a few hours.'"

"And Gillian goes out with him a lot?"

"I know what you're getting at, Taehyung. There is no affair happening between the two. We've already investigated."

"Investigated?" He asked with a light laugh.

"Yes, Kennedi and I."

"Oh. Well, it's none of my business. But if you don't mind, I'm off to the restroom. I'll use this one in here so I won't have to leave you alone. Unless you want to come to the men's restroom with me?" He smiled.

"Hell no," Kook said.

He went to the bathroom and took out his phone. He texted both Namjoon and Yoongi.

Taehyung
Hey Namjoon, I know
the lady from the
photos you showed
me. I knew she looked
familiar. Her name is
Gillian. She is the
receptionist and private
secretary of Jeon Seojun.
They have left the Jeon
Building and are headed
out together.