22 | The Real Deal

Valentine's Day was coming and love was in the air

Valentine's Day was coming and love was in the air. And so were weddings. Chris and Simon, the couple Taehyung used to live with, decided to tie the knot and become official. They were to wed the day before Valentine's Day. The couple wanted to spend the lovers' holiday in the Maldives, their honeymoon destination.

Taehyung hadn't seen them in a couple of weeks when they called him with the news. They asked him if he could come and be one of the 20 people invited. He was allowed a plus-1. This was going to be a small wedding.

Taehyung had still been seeing Jennie and he asked her to accompany him and she agreed. He was pretty sure she only wanted to go to get pictures together to post on her Instagram account. Everywhere they went, she wanted a picture in order to post.

They had been out a few times and most of the time she was on her phone. Dating her seemed to be like a whole job in itself. He went from being a paid escort to a friend with benefits. And now he was a piece of man meat for Jennie's social media accounts.

He thought that dating Jennie would help him forget about the god that had just dumped him weeks before. But it didn't work. He stayed away from Jungkook, but his mind was always on him.

After the meeting in his dad's office, he decided he shouldn't participate in helping to catch the stalkers. He was trying to let him go, emotionally. Having no contact with him should've helped. But so far, it hadn't.

Sometimes, he missed him so much that he'd read old text messages they sent each other. One in particular thread, he read over and over. It made him feel giddy inside.

Taehyung
I can't wait to see you
tomorrow. I'm gonna
dick you down- 🌚

Jungkook
I low-key can't
wait either. I love
being dicked down
by you. 🍆👅

Taehyung
😋We've been texting
each other for an
hour now and it's
midnight. We both
have work tomorrow.

Jungkook
Ok. Goodnight.

Taehyung
Don't let the bed bugs
bite.

Jungkook
Ok. Stop texting me

Taehyung
You stop texting me

Jungkook
No, you stop.😡

Taehyung
You.

Jungkook
I just silenced you.

Taehyung
No, you didn't

Jungkook
No, I didn't 😘

It was moments like this that made Tae miss him the most. His heart could not be more broken than it already was. It was in pieces. But if he had to choose to have never met him versus the pain, knowing him, he'd rather take the pain. The start of the relationship was toxic but at least he got a chance to spend time with him. Did this type of thinking originate from lust or love?