[011: UNWINDING WEBS]

011: unwinding webs

SUMMER.

CALIFORNIA, 2018

2 DAYS AFTER GRADUATION

empty. a feeling she could never describe.

any moment felt like her last, and the beauty of sadness filled her heart.

isabella felt lonelier than she ever had been before.

ultimately because - she had never been here.

here being - in the state of utter hopelessness, a now ghost presence building on her social media, and the countless thoughts she had about a certain brown eyed girl never leaving her pounding head.

for the past few days, isabella had only been wrapped between her white bedsheets - the sun and moon practically indifferent as the curtains that draped over her windows remained untouched.

she had no sense of time - morning, afternoon, and night all morphing together to create a timeless tomb of numbness.

isabella only stumbled out of bed in a pair of sweats and a hoodie to drink water - which was already a challenge in itself.

because of that - she hadn't been eating, sleeping or even leaving her room.

isabella only buried herself in the empty casket that was her house.

the dawns family was very busy - too busy in fact.

naomi dawns - isabellas mother, was an actress - who was always away at set in some other state.

and not much differently, isabellas father - nathan dawns, was a hard working business man constantly away at work vacations.

because of their quick moving jobs, the dawns parents were never home - only contacting their children with a text, gift, letter, or phone call.

the only other person in isabellas family was adrien dawns - her brother and best friend.

yet he was also out of the dawns residence - away at university, leaving isabella to fend for herself, using her parents money since she was fourteen.

it was hard, stressful, and quite lonely at first.

but the sulking didnt last - as isabella indulged herself in erasing the mere option of being alone with parties, friends, and gossip as soon as she stepped foot into Temberlin High.

it was almost a way out of her too empty of a life.

yet even as isabella wanted more and more action or discrepancy in her life - she quickly came to regret it.

as right when she first exchanged words with a certain brunette in freshman year - her life took a drastic turn.

that girl would bruise her heart forever.