[05: METHOD ACTING]

05: method acting

HIGHSCHOOL.

CALIFORNIA, 2018

3 DAYS BEFORE GRADUATION

"gracie you've gotta dress up good!" both olivia and sadie playfully nagged gracie - who was sat on the chair of her desk, giggling at her two friends enthusiasm.

it was now three days before graduation - gracies big day.

diplomas, cheering, the excitement of throwing your graduation caps into the warm California air, and the goodbyes.

maybe too many goodbyes.

it was gracies big day, yet all she felt was a piercing white noise growing in the back of her eardrums - getting louder and louder as the date came closer.

all the excitement and joy with finally getting done with these 4 years of youth was practically none existent.

it was hollow - she was absolutely numb to any big, direct, feeling of any emotion.

it was as if her soul fell asleep and never woke up, a lifeless clone taking her place.

a clone great at acting like the real thing.

the days went faster, and gracie made the choice of surrounding herself purely around olivia and sadie - her best friends.

any thoughts of her were blocked out with the sound of 4 dead toned words, always in the center of gracies mind when she needed them.

"she. doesn't. like. you." they rang.

harder and angrier each time, gracie practically spitting at herself - memorizing them like a bible verse.

"i dont know, its senior prom - its probably gonna be raided by matthew finch and his carbon copies. spiking the punch, trying to hook up with the girls.." gracie paused, responding to her friends.

"plus, i dont even have a date.." she trailed on, shortly laughing at her own situation.

twelfth grade with no prom date.