[01: BLURRED LINES]

01: blurred lines

HIGHSCHOOL.

CALIFORNIA, 2018

once in everyone's lifetime, we will fall in love. It can be euphoric, blissful, yet absolutely terrifying.

some people fall in love and know what hit them, straight away.

but sometimes, others struggle to define the line between friendship and love.

-

As isabella dawns stumbled out of bed for yet another day of eleventh grade, she groaned at the feeling of a terrible headache.

these headaches weren't uncommon for her - whether it being pulling an all-nighter for 'Temblerlin High's most populars' parties, or even just texting too late - isabella was prone to them.

in this case it was another party - hosted by none other than matthew finch, Temberlin's it guy.

ever since isabella left her awkward phase in the eighth grade, she's been bombarded with popularity since the first day of freshman year.

so keeping a low profile was pretty impossible, along with the fact it was expected of her to attend almost every party - ever.

mumbling in pain, isabella wobbled to the bathroom just across her bedroom and leaned over the pale white sink.

lifting her head to the bathroom mirror, she almost jumped.

the party must've hit her like a train.

she looked like a mess - mascara down her cheeks, hair all over the place, almost bloodshot eyes.

and had 3 hours until school started to fix it.

just then as isabella started to brush out her messy brown hair, she was fully woken up when she heard her phone's notification go off.

she paused her brushing motion, walked out of the bathroom and back into her room - hairbrush in her left hand.