Chapter 15

Marley
3 weeks later.

Bells: You KNEW this whole time and you didn't tell me?!

Bells: I mean, VAMPIRES!

Bells: Stupid, strong, gifted, perfect, HOT vampires. Who don't age!

Bells: Mates! Eternity!

Bells: Marley Griffon you answer me this instant.

Eddie: Please answer Bella, she won't stop texting until you do.

I rolled over in bed with a sleepy smile, scrolling down the list of messages. Rose, her cheek resting on the swell of my stomach, glanced up at me.

"What, beloved?" Her golden eyes flashed up to mine. I stretched.

"Vampires outta the bag. Bella knows." She shook her head, but grinned.

"About damn time."

Marley: Sorry, I was sworn to secrecy. Stupid HOT vampires ;)

Bella: I totally knew something was different about them. Stupid, HOT vampires.

With a content sigh, I sat up in the soft queen bed of my father's house. Today was the day.

Alaska. How my life had led me there of all places, the cold and secluded wilderness, was dumbfounding. I'd never imagined myself somewhere so rugged.

My stomach had grown over the last few weeks at what felt like an alarming rate, though Carlisle assured me that the baby's growth had slowed. I was measuring 16 weeks as of yesterday's examination. My nausea had thankfully lessened a week back, though certain smells still triggered it, and my appetite had tripled.

"Alright, pretty girls." Emmett strolled into the room. He wore a pair of blue jeans and a gray hoodie that clung to his biceps. In his left hand, he carried a duffel bag.

"Is it time already?" Rose pressed a kiss to my bump before sitting fully upright. I ran my fingers through her long blonde hair, slightly wavy from having been braided the night before.

"Yep. I got the car loaded." He bent to kiss me on the lips, his breath sweet and cool, and then did the same to my stomach. "The duffel is full of the snacks you requested, baby."

"Lifesaver." I could not imagine more doting partners than the two I had. Their affection to me, their joy at becoming parents, the tenderness in their eyes whenever we talked about the future...Love filled me, and I stood up with a crooked smile. "Alright, I have to pee again and get dressed. Then I'll be good to go." I rubbed my bump absentmindedly, surveying the small bedroom. Carlisle and Esme had assured me that they would handle selling the home; they had extensive real estate experience, after all, and I trusted them not to burn it to the ground.

It was still sad, though, to leave behind the pieces of my dad that I couldn't take with me.

I walked into the empty bathroom to relieve myself, for what felt like the millionth time since I went to bed the night prior, and couldn't resist staring at my reflection while I washed my hands. Wearing just a baggy tee shirt, my bump was barely visible. I had finally surpassed the sickly, pale first trimester look and considered my skin to be at the very least normal, though Esme had told me days ago that I was glowing. My breasts had went up a cup size, much to Emmett's fiendish delight, and even my hair felt thicker.

The pregnancy was making me feel more beautiful than I ever had.

I left the bathroom and grabbed the pair of sweatpants I had left folded on the bed. Em and Rose just watched, ever patient, with that loving look in their eyes I had grown so accustomed to.