Tang gasped with glee, "IT REALLY IS MONKEY KING'S STAFF!! Where did you find it?" MK gulped, "I followed a mysterious voice and it led me to it, but these two demons released DBK- I think they're family?- And now he's out and what are we going to do?!"

Pigsy sighed, already tired of this nonsense MK had managed to drag in, "Alright, what do you suggest?" MK furrowed his eyebrows, "...Monkey King must know what to do, right? So we need to get to Flower Fruit Mountain." The chef shrugged, "I know a guy. C'mon."

--

Wukong followed the vehicle, humming a tune the kid had been listening to the day before.

He suddenly smelled salt water, and there was a lot of blue with a strip of white at the bottom. The disguised monkey activated his Gold Vision, spotting a familiar yet different water demon's soul. Wukong snickered, "Ah, Wujing's reincarnation! Should've known."

A bittersweet feeling knawed at him as they arrived.

--

Sandy grinned, politely handing out tea, "Of course I can take you!"

Mei and MK thanked him profusely, excited about going across the ocean. Wukong, disguised as a cat, listened intently as the team discussed their plans. He watched the friendly giant's giant blue blur walk past them.

He suddenly stopped beside Wukong, humming in confusion, "Oh? And who are you, lil' guy?"

Wukong closed his eyes, nuzzling down into his paws and hiding his monkey tail beneath his small body, purring softly. If he played nice, surely Sandy would simply take him for a curious stowaway.

The large demon patted his head gently before walking away, leaving a warm, itchy sensation on the king's head.

His eyes opened slowly as he processed the touch.

He... wished he had more of the sweet pressure against his skin--

He shook his head and stretched. That didn't matter.

And besides, ash was starting to fill the air.

--

Wukong yelped, catching the unconscious boy before he could land on an active geyser.

He sighed deeply, summoning his cloud and flying home. He stopped above a beach near his cave, gently setting the brunette down. The king winced as he smelled traces of smoke on MK, and carefully ran his hands along his body to ensure he hadn't been burned too badly.

Much to his relief, MK had been spared. Most likely thanks to his powers and the abilities he'd inherited from the king.

Wukong stood up, grinning cheekily as he waved his hand over to the young man, "Guys, watch him for me, yeah? I have to prepare!"

White blurs clambered over, and the smell of neatly groomed fur wafted to his nose, a sign that these were his small subjects.

The king ran off, giggling madly with excitement, not even caring as he continuously bumped into a couple plants on his way home.

--

MK sat up, groggy.

A small monkey huffed, leaning on him. The brunette blinked in confusion as more monkeys appeared, curiously poking and grooming him.

He stood up, looking around in awe, "I... I made it! Okay, so now to find Monkey King." Small hands grabbed his fingers and clothes, pulling him around.

The monkeys chirped, pointing ahead of him, "Oh? Follow you..? I mean, yeah, I can do that!"

He walked alongside them, hopping over tree roots and ducking under vines and low-hanging branches. They reached a waterfall, and MK hopped on the stones. He hummed, touching the water, and a golden seal appeared.