CHAPTER 12: THE BREAKFAST THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

VANESSA

"Can you see me now?"I asked as I positioned my phone against the toaster so my husband could see me.

I could see him perfectly. I noticed the navy checkered suit and blue shirt that he was wearing for his morning meeting. Jeremy is always the envy of every man at his business meetings.

He's the type of man that has the attention of every women when he walks into a room. I think it will always be that way.

"Yes, I can see you. Finally!"Jeremy joked."What are you cooking there?"He asked while moving his face closer to the camera to take a closer look.

"Vegetable omelette. Your favourite."I smirked, knowing how jealous he would be. I perfected my omelette over our first year of marriage. It's the one thing I make that he can't get enough of. No one can make it better than I can, in his eyes.

Jeremy groaned."Do you have to tease me like that?"

I chuckled."You're still coming home Friday morning, Right?"

"That's the plan. I don't intend on staying any longer."

"I'll have breakfast ready for when you get back. So don't make any work plans, I want the entire day just the two of us."I ordered before bringing my attention back to the omelette. It was now nice and cheesy, perfectly cooked.

"I'll pencil you in."He smirked."It's a date."

"A date."I raised an eyebrow at him."We haven't had one of those in a while. You must miss me."

"You know I miss you. I don't like these work trips any more than you do."Jeremy exhaled."My father can't do it anymore, it's up to me to carry the weight. At least for now. I'll hire someone eventually."

"We can make it work."I plated up my omelette and turned the oven off."So Alex and Natasha are coming by later. They don't want me being home alone so they're spending the night."

"Are you going anywhere?"He asked, now looking a little concerned.

"You know what they're like, everything is last minute. Alex was talking about going out, but I don't know."I seasoned my breakfast and waited for him to respond but he didn't."You're okay with that right, me going out?"

Jeremy waited a moment before responding."I don't know what you want me to say."

"That you don't mind."I replied. I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth as I waited for him to reply again. He didn't."It would be nice if I didn't have to get your permission."

He exhaled a breath."I would rather you not be out alone. I don't like the idea of you in a nightclub surrounded by horny men. I know how men think. I just worry about you and I have my reasons, Vanessa."

I rolled my eyes upon hearing the same speech. I know how men think, is what he always tells me. Being a man himself, I guess he does know how men think more than I do. But I can handle myself. I know how to say no.

"Did you just roll your eyes?"Jeremy asked.

"No. I would never roll my eyes at you."I replied with a lie and a smirk on my face.