Alana and I weave through the crowd to the bathroom all the way across the bar.

"Did you see the guy with the sleeve?" Alana asks from inside the stall beside me.

I roll my eyes with a smile, she has such a type. "Yes and I saw him checking you out."

"Really?" She happily squeals.

"Yes! Talk to him!" I reply.

We both finish up in the bathroom and I turn to head for the bar as soon as we leave the bathroom. But Alana forgets and goes straight for the hot boy by the pool table.

I don't realize she's even gone until I get to the bar and turn to ask her what she wants.

"Bitch," I scan the room for her, and there she is leaning against the brick wall batting her big green eyes at the guy who's sporting two arms full of tattoos.

You go girl, I mentally cheer her on.

I turn back to the bar and find a place at the end of the bar to squeeze in to wait my turn.

It's a Thursday night so the bar isn't too crazy but it's LA so of course the bar is still somewhat busy.

"Hey."

I turn to my left. Nope. Not happening. Maybe if I wish hard enough he'll just spontaneously combust.

"Nope." I say and turn back towards the bar.

"Kenzie, you can't avoid me all night," Logan says still standing beside me.

"Go away, Evans."

Logan fucking Evans. God, I want to smack him.

As soon as we walked over to the table and Ellie started to introduce us I knew it was gonna be a long night.

We're from the same hometown...and we went to the same high school....and we went to his senior prom together. And I haven't talked to him since that night. And I don't want to talk to him, I don't want to even look at him. He's a selfish asshole.

"Just tell me how you know Summer," he almost sounds genuinely curious, but I highly doubt that.

"We're on the dance team together, I transferred to UCLA a year ago," I answer.

"Why haven't you reached out?" He asks as if we're best friends.  

I turn to look up at him, fuck he's still so damn tall, "I don't usually like to keep up with people who have wronged me."

"Kenzie, I've apologized, multiple times."

I'm gonna kill him.

"Please, go away," I feel like I can't breath, "Actually, I'll go away."

I steal a look at him as I turn to leave. I need air.

I go straight for the front door, pushing it open as fast as I can.

I don't not normally get sad, and emotional when I drink but all I want to do right now is cry. Every emotion I felt that night four years ago is bubbling up my throat.

"Kenzie!"

I stop and turn around, "Logan, seriously leave me alone."

"You're being dramatic."

"Dramatic? I'm being dramatic?" I start towards him, "I'm dramatic because I don't want to talk to the guy who was cheating on me for months? And then crashed my fucking car?" I cross my arms over my chest shrugging as I say, "Oh and I can't forget about the part where you also got that other girl pregnant!"

"That was four years ago. And I paid for you to get a new car," he crosses his arms over his chest stepping closer to
me. "And I didn't get her pregnant, she was also sleeping with Adam Jeffery."

"Like that makes it better?" I throw my arms out at my sides, "And no your parents paid for me to get a new car, you didn't do shit, Logan."

I'm standing about a foot away from him with my own arms crossed over my chest again. I'm only a couple inches shorter then him but standing so close to him I feel about a foot tall as I look up at him.

"Please," I soften my tone knowing that shouting at him isn't going to change anything. What's done is done.

"Just leave me alone for the night. Tonight is about Summer. Not our fucked up past." I don't let him respond I just push past him and head back inside.

I head back towards the bar and see Sam standing waiting for a drink.

"Hey," I put my hand on her back and she turns to look at me but smiles when she sees it's me. "Have you ordered yet?"

"No," Sam shakes her head, "Where'd you sneak off to?"

"Needed some air," I gesture over my shoulder towards the front door.

"Did you," she opens her mouth and points her finger down her throat as if to ask if I went out side to throw up.

"No!" I laugh at her, "Get me another tequila sprite?"

Sam nods and turns forward again so she can try to get the bartenders attention.

Oh boy, it's gonna be a long night.